7. the other side of her

Atlanta, Georgia

Exquisite. That was the first word that flitted through Jasmine's mind as she strolled into the restaurant and surveyed the surroundings. She had to say, Roman had great taste, picking a place like this for their first official date. She let her dark gaze sweep over the room, smiling when it fell upon the lone hulking figure sitting in the far corner. A man that big and that attractive was always going to stand out, no matter how hard he tried not to.

Roman got to his feet as she approached their table for the night, giving her a kiss on the cheek and fighting hard not to do more. "You look amazing," he said sincerely. She wore a deliciously short long sleeved dress  and a pair of stilettos that did amazing things to her already stunning legs. It would take an effort and a half to keep his hands off her tonight.

 It would take an effort and a half to keep his hands off her tonight

"Thanks. You look great, too." It was probably the understatement of the century. All those pictures he'd sent her in the past month did him no justice. Seeing him in the flesh was a much better treat. Big, muscled, beautiful skin and hair, and that tattoo...He looked like walking sex, and she ached for an encore of their first night together several weeks ago. Luckily, her hotel was only a few minutes away, and she hoped he was coming with her afterwards.

They sat in a secluded corner of the restaurant, sitting next to each other rather than opposite. After the waiter went away with their orders, Roman watched her reach for her glass of water and take a long sip, seizing the opportunity to study her beautiful features up close. "I'm glad you're here, Jasmine," he spoke up.

Raising an eyebrow mid-sip, she put her glass back on the table. "What, you thought I wouldn't show?" Her eyes sparkled with humor. "I said I would."

"You did

"You did." It had been over a month of texts, phone calls, teasing photos and not-so-subtle pleas from his end to meet up. After being at other ends of the country working, their schedules had finally matched in Atlanta, and by then Roman was all but dying to see her. He could still remember her giggles over the phone as she brushed him off over and over. She had even asked him if he was married, and with a laugh, he had promised her that he wasn't. He remembered the relief he felt when she finally relented and agreed to go out with him. And now that they were together again, he was going to savor every moment he spent with her.