25. predator: unleashed

Her brown eyes scanned the items on the kitchen table, taking a mental inventory of everything

Her brown eyes scanned the items on the kitchen table, taking a mental inventory of everything. She wasn't carrying a bag with her. It was more likely to slow her down. The plan was to pop into town and pop out. Get the message across, and hope it reached its recipient on time.

She heard Roman's footsteps as he entered the kitchen, wearing only a pair of shorts. He rested his back against the wall for a brief moment, watching her with crossed arms and a skeptical expression.

"Is that a hickey?" Jasmine asked when he came closer, inspecting the small but visible bruise on the side of his neck, right along that protruding vein she liked sucking on. "I'm sorry."

"Don't ever be. You know I liked that shit. It's well documented that we both freaks," he shrugged, taking her hands in his. With his eyes on her, he pressed his lips to the fading red marks on each of her wrists, watching her gaze darken at the sensual contact. "Last night was..."

"Amazing," she finished for him, her teeth sinking into her bottom lip at the pleasant memory. That they put that sound-proof bedroom to 'good use' was quite the understatement. Leona must have been quite the freak in a past life; she had everything from handcuffs and blindfolds to vibrators, leashes, condoms, and a soft queen size bed that proved to be more than durable over the course of the night. Long story short, it was the perfect, kinky end to what was a memorable birthday for Roman.

His mildly jovial countenance disappeared almost as quickly as it arrived. "I still don't understand why I can't come with you," he groused.

"Because there'll be eyes everywhere, searching for us. Besides, how are we going to hide this big ass body and all that luscious hair?" she teased, reaching up to ruffle it.

Roman took her hand and intertwined their fingers. "You love my hair and my body," he smiled affectionately.

"I do, Daddy," Jasmine agreed. She adjusted her burgundy-colored wig and touched her back to make sure her gun was in its holster. She reverted to her business-like, professional stance. "Once I get in contact with Rose, I'll contact you as well. Wait for my call."

"Right. And woman, you better call me," Roman said, an edge to his voice. "Because the moment I sense something's wrong, I'm coming for you."

"Don't jump the gun, babe. I'll call you."