18. heartbrokn>

The other F.L.O.R.A. agents stared open-mouthed when the four drenched, disheveled women stormed into the command center. It was obvious from the start that this Roman Reigns mission was no ordinary mission, and it was clearly kicking Jasmine's ass, but no one dared voice it out for fear of taking a bullet in the head.

The four women went straight to work, barking orders at their subordinates. "Okay, people, listen up!" announced Rose. "Target acquisition is our top priority now. The mark is a code-blue liability to the organization and we need to track him now. Everyone should stop whatever the fuck they're doing and get on it!"

Rose handed her car's GPS to Tulip. "It got into the water but I'm sure you can work around it. Retrieve the images it was able to take during the car chase; license plate of the vehicle, the accomplices' faces. I'm sure they're all in there. Find them and put them up. Pansy! Find a change of clothes for us."

The women stripped and changed into dry clothing right then and there in the middle of the Command Center. Afterwards, Petunia turned to Jasmine. "I'm going back outside to patrol the perimeter, make sure we weren't followed."

"Good idea," Jasmine agreed with a nod. "Set a perimeter around the building and use it to keep watch. I can get Chrysanthemum can help you out-"

"No. It's fine. I will go alone." And without another word, Petunia disappeared. She was a grown adult capable of making her own decisions, so Jasmine took her word for it.

She gave her phone to Poppy. "Put a bug on my phone," she instructed. "Something tells the mark might try and call me, to gloat if anything." Oh, they were going to die. Reigns and all his goons. That was a promise. She would start with each of his friends, kill them off one by one in front of Roman. She would save him for last. And then, once she got her hands on him, she was going to torture him, slowly, painfully. In every way that terrified him. Play around with him like a shiny toy, before finally putting him out of his misery. No way was he going to die quickly. It would be too easy. Too merciful.

Sure enough, the arrogant asshole called, and Jasmine immediately put the phone on speaker and nearly cracked the device as she dropped it on the table in front of her. "You fucking Neanderthal!" she snarled, "You tried to kill me!"

The deep baritone of Roman's voice rang all around the vast room, which had suddenly become so quiet one could hear a pin drop. "I was only returning the favor, sweetheart. And it confused the hell outta me, cuz I never realized that being an event planner entailed being a murderous, gun-wielding little witch."

Jasmine watched Poppy's tracking system come to life and forced herself to keep calm and keep him talking. "Yeah, well, you never know which phony-ass, bootleg real estate agent you might need to bust a cap in," she answered dryly. "Just part of the job."

"Right. Is 'lying bitch' part of the job as well?"

The nerve of this prick! She leaned forwards as she glared at the phone, gripping the edges of the table so hard that her knuckles turned white. "You watch your fucking mouth, Reigns."

"Hmm, you ain't have a problem with my mouth all them times I ate you out, baby girl."