Part 23: The Bakery

Katrina's pov
The next morning, Harry jumped up and down on the bed like a child trying to wake me up.

"Wake up!" He sang.

I groaned, covering myself with the duvet.

"Katrina come on." He giggled. He slowly uncovered me, kissing me slowly.

"Ok I'm up." I whispered.

"Actually we can stay here. I don't mind." He smirked before kissing my jaw, then my neck and slowly going lower and lower. I hitched my breath, not expecting such an intimate and delicate touch.

"Harry." I whispered.

"Hmm?" He replied, his lips still on my skin. I gently cupped his face and brought his face back to mine.

"Let's go." I kissed his nose and sat up.

"I meant it you know. We can definitely just stay here."

"We'll come back later." I replied walking to the bathroom and closing the door.

"Really?" Harry asked excitedly, making me giggle.

After taking a shower and getting dressed, I walked down stairs where Harry was waiting on the couch.

"Where is everyone?" I asked as I sat down next to him, noticing no one else was home.

"My mother is out doing whatever it is mothers do and Gemma is at work. And you and I are going out." He stood up.

"But I want breakfast." I pouted as my stomach grumbled.

"That's what were going to do." He chuckled.

I shot up and walked towards the door. "Why didn't you just say so?"

The rain was heavier than last night, hitting the windshield steadily.

"Where are we going? I asked, over the radio.

"It's a surprise." He replied. I glared at him, annoyed. He noticed and chuckled.

"It's a good surprise, I promise." He patted my thigh.

We parked behind a small building.

"Why aren't we going through the front?"

"I have the key to the back." He smiled before opening the door. We stepped into a room with ovens. The smell of bread and pastries filled the air with delicious scent. We walked towards the front where a few women stood, taking orders from customers.

"There's someone I want you too meet." He said to me before stepping out to the front.

The women turned around confused at first, but once they saw Harry big smiles spread across their faces.

"Harry!" The women yelled running to hug him. He hugged them back as they kissed him and held him tightly.

"Did I hear Harry is here?" I woman stepped out from behind me. I stepped a side and Harry held his arms out to the short old lady.

"Barbra!"

"Harry!" She replied in delight.

"Barbra there's someone I want to meet." Harry said. He let go of her and held out his hand to me.

"And who is this?" She smiled at me.

"This is Katrina. My girlfriend." He beamed.

"It's nice to meet you." I held out my hand, but instead she pulled me into a hug.

"Nice to meet you dear." As she pulled away she said, "Are you hungry? Please help yourselves to anything!"

"Thank you, we will." Harry replied. He grabbed two cinnamon rolls and two cups of coffee. We sat down at a small table for two by the window.

"So this is where you worked before the X-Factor?"

"Yeah. I worked with a bunch of sweet old ladies." He chuckled before biting into his roll.

"Thanks for bringing me. This is nice."

"Just thought I'd show you what I did before the band." He shrugged. "Which means I have more things to show you so hurry up."

When we finished, Harry walked me through his small town pointing things out. It was cold so I had my arms wrapped around his, trying to keep myself warm. The rain had stopped, but the clouds still kept the sun hidden.
To walk into town we had to walk on a big high way that was built over a small river and green fields spotted with cows.

He pointed out everything because I told him too. He told me about the best place to order pizza, the best sandwich place which we went in to eat, the best place for tea and coffee, the only supermarket in town, the weekly farmers market, and the old post office.

"And that old piece of ruble is my old secondary school."

"That's nice." I replied, looking at an elegant building. In America, schools aren't as nice as they are here.

"No, no it wasn't." He shook his head.

"Then we don't have to talk about it. Tell me about something else." I urged him to change the subject. He didn't seem comfortable and I didn't want him to push him.

"Do you see that park across the street?" He pointed.

"After primary school, I'd play there until the sun went down and by the time I came home I was covered in grass stains and mud and my mum would be so mad." He chuckled.

"Let's go then." I pulled him across the street.

I climbed onto the jungle gym, lowering my head so I wouldn't hit it.

"Come up here." I yelled at him from the top. He smiled up at me before running to catch up to me. I quickly slid down the slide with him following me. He grabbed my waist, spinning me around making me laugh.

"Ok ok put me down." I said in between breathes.

"No." He kept spinning me around until he tripped on his own feet and we both fell to the soft grass.

"Harry." I tried to wiggle out of his grip but he kept me close.

"I'm never letting you go." He replied, smiling down at me before kissing my forehead.

"That's ok with me." I replied. We sat in a comfortable silence for a couple minutes when Harry spoke up again.

"You know even in high school I had an image to keep up. That's why I don't like talking about it. It's like I can never be myself." He almost whispered.

"Harry-" I wanted to say something to make him feel better, but I honestly wasn't sure what I was going to say.

"Except when I'm with you." That made me shut up. "I can actually be the person I want to be when I'm with you and I don't know how to thank you." He kissed me. Not just a sweet peck, but an actual Earth shaking kiss. Slow and passionate, completely out of love even if we both didn't admit it at that point. My heart was racing and it felt like it was going to burst of happiness. His hand held me tightly to him, but was gentle. I sat up, not wanting to made a scene at a park.

"Let's go back." I whispered, hoping to finish what we started that morning.

They're doin' the do. Wooo. I hope you guys like it. Please vote and comment. Love you guys!