Chapter Two - Betrayal

"What are you doing here Ace?" I whispered

"What are you doing here Ace?" I whispered. He took a step towards me. My breath hitched.

"Victoria, you really thought I would let you get away with everything you planned? Just because your rotten little family died? God you people are so oblivious."

I took a step back; his words were drenched in venom.

"B-but... y-you...I" I choked on my own words.

"Oh please, you really thought I was in love with you? It was my plan all along. Too get into your pity group, find out your backstories, fall in love with you, find out your master plan and destroy it." Tears pricked my eyes, but I wouldn't let them fall. I wouldn't let him see me suffer. I wouldn't.

Before I could process anything that had just come out of his mouth, he lunged at me. I fell to the ground, his weight crushing me. He fiddled with the waistband on his pants, pulling out a dagger and pressing it to my throat.

I opened my mouth to scream but nothing came out.

"Betrayal. It hurts, doesn't it?" I squirmed under him. He shifted and put all his weight on his right leg. This was my chance.

"Not as much as this will."

I kicked out and managed to hit him in his calf. He yelled out and fell forward. I grabbed his forgotten dagger and made a run for it.

I ran out of the alleyway, going the opposite way I had come from. Once I had found yet another alley, I stripped. Prior to the event, I had made sure to wear proper undergarments in case something went wrong. In this case, it did, and I still couldn't fathom it. As I threw my dress into a garbage can, I decided to see if anything was going on back at HQ. No messages. No one has even read the messages I had sent earlier. Unless...

My heart dropped.

Ace.

He had sent the guards down to HQ. That monster.

Before I could send yet another warning message, two strong arms grabbed me from behind. I brought my elbow up, ready to attack, but before I could another pair of hands grabbed my arms. I turned around to see a hooded figure with a ski mask on. I could only make out a couple of strands of electric red hair peeking out.

My movements started becoming much more frantic. I twisted from my attacker's grip, but they only held on tighter.

"Get the gas. Hurry up!" The pursuer released me and grumbled in frustration. I heard footsteps

A hoarse scream escaped from my mouth. But before I could utter another word or sound, a damp cloth was clamped over my mouth.

Darkness enveloped me.