Chapter 28

"Hey, good morning," Dash greeted when I stepped out of his room.

He was in his reading glasses again and he got his nose stuck on his book before I came out.

I instantly beamed at him. "Good morning!"

He removed his glasses and placed it together with his book on the coffee table. Tumayo siya mula sa couch at lumapit sa 'kin. I, then closed my eyes when he placed a soft kiss on my forehead.

"How was your sleep?" He asked.

"Good... I feel better now."

"I'm relieved to hear that, babe," he smiled. "Now, shall we have breakfast?"

I nodded a couple of times because I wasn't able to eat dinner last night and now, I can feel my stomach grumbling.

He chuckled and we were about to go to the dining when we heard the door bell, ring. Pinauna naman ako ni Dash sa dining saying that he'll check who's outside the door. I followed what he said and set the table for our breakfast. Nang naglalagay ako ng mga pinggan ay narinig ko ang mga papalapit na yabag kaya kaagad akong napabaling sa kanila.

I stilled for a moment when I saw Tito David beside Dash. He smiled when he saw me and I immediately stood straight.

"Good morning, Red, it's good to see you here, hija." Tito David greeted.

"Good morning din po, Tito."

I didn't see it coming when he acted like he was teary-eyed, holding the bridge of his nose with his thumb and forefinger.

"This is just like what I used to imagine back when you were still a kid, son... One day, my hair will turn gray and I will visit my son with his loving wife and children, and say to myself that I had a great life."

Kaagad namang napakunot ang mga noo namin ni Dash at tiningnan ang ama niya na parang naging apat ang ulo nito.

"What the— I was just an innocent kid back then, and you're already imagining things like that? What is wrong with you, Dad?" Dash said and I bit the insides of my cheek to prevent myself from bursting into laughter.

"Why? There is nothing wrong with that! You'll realize it when you become a father, too," Tito David said, and looked at us with a meaningful look. "Anyway, am I going to be a grandfather soon?"

Dash heaved out a deep sigh like he was about to give up in life because of his father. I can't help but enjoy the scene. He's always a composed man and seeing him sigh in frustration because of Tito David's teasing is entertaining.

"What are you doing here, anyway?"

"I feel lonely in our house, and I missed my son, that's why I'm here. Am I not welcome here?" Aniya saka hinawakan ang dibdib na parang nasasaktan.

Napailing lang si Dash sa kaniyang ama. Bumaling naman si Tito David sa 'kin na para bang naghahanap ng kakampi kaya mahina akong natawa.

"Of course, you are welcome here, Tito. Actually, we're about to have our breakfast. We'll be glad if you could join us."

"You're so sweet, hija. I'm so happy that my cold and aloof son found a perfect match for him." Aniya saka inilagay ang kamay sa gilid ng baba niya na parang bumubulong. "You probably know by now how caring my son is, that's his true self that he only shows to the ones dear to him. His cold get up is just a cover up."

Napatingin naman ako kay Dash na salubong ang mga kilay na nakatingin sa ama niya. A warm smile stretched my lips.

Yeah, that's true.