Epilogue

"Dude, ano ba naman 'yang ref mo, puro gulay at prutas lang ang laman. Wala man lang ni isang box ng pizza!"

I quietly grunted at Cedrick's blabbering, but I didn't even try ro look away from the book I was reading to give him a glare.

He's here at my place again to destroy my peace. Yesterday, he was also here and the asshole even invited the rest of the gang to come, so my peaceful reading was completely disturbed. Though, I was cool with it. Them and beers mean chill night.

"Hey, Raftus!"

"What?" I said with a bit of irritation in my voice.

Cedrick annoyingly chuckled as he took a sit on the couch adjacent to me.

"C'mon, man, ang boring ng ref mo," walang kwentang sabi niya.

"Kasing boring ba ng buhay mo, kaya nandito ka na naman at nanggugulo?" Tanong ko, hindi pa rin inaalis ang tingin sa librong binabasa ko.

I heard him let out a deep sigh. "Boring ng buhay ko kung wala si Lee."

I almost shook my head at him. He was talking about his girlfriend. The one I thought who never gave a damn about him a couple of years ago. He was shot and while staying in the hospital, she never visited him. I saw how disappointment would cross his eyes everytime we enter his room. He must be really hoping for that woman to show up. Who would've thought that they would eventually end up together?

"Ang tagal naman bago matapos ang one week," bulong niya.

He mentioned yesterday that her girlfriend, along with the other Phantom Goddesses are in Dubai for their vacation. He couldn't share his boredom with Kent, whose girlfriend is a Phantom too, because he also went on a vacation with his family. So now, he's trying to kill his boredom by bothering me.

"I pity you," I muttered in a sarcastic way. "Now, go away Uy and annoy someone else. Try Twyne or Stranger. Tutal parehas naman kayong mga siraulo."

"Hey!" He said in disapproval. "Magkaibigan tayo, Raftus, kaya kung siraulo kami, siraulo ka rin! Aren't you familiar with birds with the same feathers fly together?!"

I finally removed my eyes from the book to look at him in disbelief. Siraulo talaga.

"It's 'flock', not fly. How did we even become friends?" I said, shaking my head.

"Because birds with the same feathers flock together," he laughed. "We, gorgeous men need to stick together."

Napailing na lang ulit ako sa kaniya. "You're getting worse these days, Uy. Your girlfriend might have to reserve you a room in an asylum."

"Gago! Lumalala na rin 'yang ugali mo," aniya, "Pa check-up ka na."

"You go first. I think you're going crazy missing your girlfriend."

"Hindi ka lang kasi maka-relate! Paano? Hindi ka pa nagkaka-girlfriend! Basta talaga kapag dumating ang araw na darating ang babaeng babaliw sa 'yo, tatawanan talaga kita!"

If Cedrick had said that few years ago, I would've just laugh it off then. But I didn't feel like laughing at his words now. Instead, the memory of that girl who stole a kiss from me in a club a couple of nights ago, instantly played in the back of my mind, as if to mock me.

Her hazelnut eyes, red lips, and gorgeous face didn't leave my mind after that. I didn't even get to know her name, and I'm pretty sure as hell that I'll never see her again, yet, I always found myself thinking about that kiss. . . And thinking about her.