•Thirteen

After school, me and Julie headed down the pathway as I saw both of the studio doors open. I had told Julie and Flynn what happened between me and Ethan and they were excited that I sang and danced with Mr Popular who I used to have a crush on.

I looked at Julie as the two of us walked into the studio, seeing Luke, Reggie and Alex waiting for us. I sighed.

"We're sorry." Reggie sang from one side of Luke.

"So Sorry." Alex then sang from the other side of Luke.

"We're super-duper crazy stupid.." Luke then sang in between Reggie and Alex, getting down on his knees.

"Sorry!" All three boys harmonized doing jazz hands as I stared at them blankly.

"In case you missed it, we're really sorry." Reggie then apologized to the two of us and I just crossed my arms.

"Yeah. I think we got that part." Julie said, noticing that I didn't want to speak to them.

"We've been here for like... three hours." Alex told us.

"Yup." Reggie backed up as he and Alex high-fived.

"We almost sang to your little brother." Luke told us, mostly Julie.

"He comes in here a lot. Mainly to use the bathroom." Reggie continued on, motioning to the bathroom.

"Yeah. It's not our favourite part of the day." Alex added as Luke nodded in agreement.

"But, Julie, Valerie, it wasn't okay that we flaked on the dance last night. We know we let you both down." Luke said looking between me and Julie.

"Yeah, and none of us wanted to disappoint you two. You two are the best thing that has happened to us since we became ghosts." Alex said to us and Reggie nodded.

"I meant what I said last night." Reggie spoke up and I scoffed. I looked away from him and he looked down.

"So, in hopes that you'll rejoin the band, we booked a new gig." Luke told me and Julie as he handed us a flyer.

"A mega important, life-changing gig." Reggie said as he walked up to us both.

"Check it out. Tons of managers go here to listen to new bands. All we gotta do is blow them all away and we're living the dream." Luke told us which made me angry. I looked up at them and stared.

"So this means a lot to you huh?" I said to Luke and I watched his grin fall since he probably knew what was coming next. "Kind of how playing in front of our entire school meant a lot to me and Julie." I added as Luke's grin fell off his face completely.

"Sounds like sarcasm..." Reggie commented as he looked at Alex before gasping. "I'm starting to think our plan isn't working." Reggie whispered to Alex who sighed in response.

"Look, we know we messed up.. Alex said taking a step towards us.

"But we need you two in the band." Reggie finished and I rolled my eyes.

"Of course you do. Because as Valerie said last night. You only need us so you can be seen when you play." Julie said being cold to the guys. "You know, I thought the music the five of us wrote was special, but you're too obsessed with your pasts to even care." Julie added as Luke look like he had just been stabbed in the heart.

"We do care." Luke challenged us, taking another step towards us. "Our band has a real chance at greatness. I'm not gonna let that get away from us again." Luke told us as I just glared at him.

"Right. So then why did you bail on us to get back at Trevor?" Julie asked the boys, but they said nothing.

"I'll tell you why." I stepped forward, and they all looked at me scared to what I was about to say. "Cause there's only one thing you care about Luke, and that's yourself." I snap at Luke as I turned around and walked out of the studio.