DenNor

Lukas lay on one of the nests that he'd built, curled into a ball. He barely had enough energy to breathe, much less move to a more comfortable position.

Mathias on the other hand, was bursting with unreleased energy, pacing the apartment and growling and snapping at every little thing that moved.

"This sucks." Mathias said after attacking the fourth leaf that had been swept inside through the window that day. Lukas' only reply was a meek whimper.

Despite how different all Alphas and Omegas were, they could all agree on one thing. The day before the Omega's heats were the worst three days out of the year. The Omega was on power save mode for the entire day, meaning that they didn't have the energy to do anything until the day after.

Alphas, on the other hand, had so much energy, they didn't even know what to do with it. Seeing their mates so vulnerable, their protectiveness level spiked. On top of that, this was the day that they were at their peak strength, speed and aggressiveness.

Everyone knew to stay far away from Omegas who were about to go into heat, out of fear of their angry and over protective Alphas.

Something fluttered in the side of Mathias'
vision and the Alpha instinct took over as he jumped on it. Teeth bared and ears pinned, he lifted his hand.

He sighed and shook his head, picking up the small caterpillar he had attacked and put it on the windowsill outside.

Lukas whimpered again, catching Mathias' attention. He walked over to the nest of pillows, blankets and sheets and laid next to his mate, curling around him protectively. Lukas managed to muster a small smile, feeling comforted by his Alpha's scent.

The worst part about this day wasn't the fact that the Omega was hugely lacking energy, but at how aware they were of that fact. It was scary, knowing anyone or anything at anytime that day could attack them and they wouldn't be able to do a thing about it. The only thing that kept the Omega from being consumed by fear until they got their strength back was that they knew that their Alpha would die for them, that they would always protect them. It didn't prevent the Omega from being afraid, but it sure did help, not that any Omega would ever admit it.

Lukas used all the strength he could muster to roll and face his Alpha. Mathias smiled softly at him. Putting a hand on his cheek, he leaned in and kissed his forehead. It was always nice to have these little gentle moments that really showed how they felt about one another, since they wouldn't be having any gentle moments for a while after that. Lukas leaned into the touch. Mathias leaned in for a kiss, before something caught his eye.

He snarled and shot out of the nest. Lukas sighed and rolled his eyes.

Here we go again.