Rochu

Yao looked down at the dozens of different types of onions. He sighed loudly, holding the bridge of his nose. Who knew making some Wonton soup could end up being so difficult.

He should have just ordered some, he knew, but Yao had always had to make things himself.

That natural stubbornness about things tended to drive potential mates away, but for some strange reason, it had seemed to draw Ivan in. Ivan. Yao brightened at the thought of his Alpha. He was why Yao was here, pulling his hair out trying to find these ingredients.

It was Ivan's birthday, and Yao knew that he had a special place in his heart for Wonton Soup. Yao looked back down at the onions worriedly. And of course, there was Ivan's present...

Yao shook his head hard, he didn't want to think about it, just hope for the best. After staring at the onions for about two more minutes, Yao finally grabbed three and moved on.

*Two Hours Later*

Yao stood at the oven, finally able to relax. He glanced over at the timer. 9 minutes. Yao leaned against the counter.

Ivan would be home soon, another 15 minutes or so. His sisters had already called 3 times, and only stopped when Yao promised to have Ivan call them right after dinner.

Yao didn't realize he had drifted off until the oven started to beep loudly. Yao shot up, quickly turning the heat off and dishing some of the soup out into two bowls, setting them on the table.

Yao rearranged the sunflowers in the middle of the table and checked to make sure his present, along with the ones that some of the neighbors had dropped off, were all on the counter. Yao turned quickly when he heard the door open.

"Yao Yao, I'm home!" Ivan announced loudly, dropping his bag when he saw the scene laid out in front of him. Yao smiled brightly. "Happy birthday, Ivan."

Ivan looked back at his Omega, overjoyed. With three quick steps, he swept Yao into his arms. "You're so sweet Yao Yao! I'm so glad that you're my mate!"

Yao blushed and gently pushed away. "Let's eat, the soup is going to get cold."

The rest of the night went pretty well. They ate and talked, Ivan opened all of his presents, a new scarf from his older sister, a box of heart chocolates from his younger, a mat that looked like a Russian flag from Kiku and Heracles, a bottle of vodka from Alfred and Arthur and a very... Interesting... mini statue from Francis. Finally, it came time for Yao's.

He had saved it for last. Ivan ripped the wrapping off and looked curiously down at the box in his hands. It was the box that used to contain the silver chain that Ivan had given Yao for his own birthday the year before.

A feeling of nervousness started to form in the pit of Yao's stomach. Ivan looked back up at him amused.

"No offense darling, I like this necklace too, but I didn't really expect you to regift it." Yao rolled his eyes, "Just open it," he said.

Ivan gave him a goofy half smile and opened the long box. His smile instantly disappeared, his eyes never leaving the content of the box. With wide eyes, Ivan picked the small white and pink stick up slowly, looking carefully at the two small blue lines that were pictured on the small plastic screen.

He looked back up at Yao. "You...." He tried, but didn't quite get it out. Yao smiled softly, "Four weeks," he whispered.

Ivan's gray ears suddenly stood straight. He stood up, grabbing Yao and spinning him, tears in both of their eyes, both of them laughing. After about thirty seconds, Ivan stopped, setting them both down on the couch. Ivan pressed their foreheads together, both of them still smiling.

"We're going to have a baby," Ivan laughed. "Yes, yes we are." Yao replied, the worry finally leaving him, replaced now with relief and joy.