꧁𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 5:𝓢𝓪𝓴𝓾𝓼𝓪 𝓚𝔂𝓸𝓸𝓶𝓲꧂

He knew ignorance and pain better than anyone else

He knew ignorance and pain better than anyone else. The sneers, the jokes, the rumors, and even the strong strict hand of his father. He wasn't shocked when most people didn't want to speak with him at the ball, in fact, he preferred it that way. It was fine if people didn't want to talk to him, he was told that he took his father's cold and stern side but that didn't matter. Even if they talked to him it would be about marriage. Mothers asked to arrange marriages for him and their aristocrat daughters, Fathers tried to ask for marriage to gain power with the imperial family. He was smart, intelligent, had great magical abilities, hell he was the strongest man beside the emperor.  He didn't want to talk to people like his brother, he didn't want to talk to women as well. Asking to be married or his hand in marriage wasn't new, but it continuing was irritating him. But how come he can't reject or even comment to the man who just (attempted but still offended) to curse him out, who then asked to marry him. Sakusa coverd his mouth. "What?" Atsumu said in confusion. Sakusa's silence turned into a snicker and soon a laugh. Atsumu's face flushed in red in embarrassment. He looked pretty laughing, and now Atsumu found out he had dimples. Great. "W-What are ya laughing at? Ya think this is a joke? Do ya ridicule me because it isn't one of those fancy proposals?" Atsumu said as he was started to get offended. It took him some courage to talk to this man without stuttering or trying to let his accent show, but in the end, it failed. "A-are you serious right now?" Sakura said between laughs. "Yes, Yes I am and I demand a response" Atsumu responded head high. He wasn't about to back down. "I won't answer you if you don't answer my question," Sakusa said clearing his throat. He hadn't laughed like that in a long time, a very long time, so long it was a foreign feeling. Atsumu scrunched his eyebrows. "But I asked first," He said. "And I demand an answer. Your the one set on marrying me. It would be stupid to accept right away when you made so many mistakes already." Sakusa said a matter of fact. "I am sure I may seem rude to you right now, but I can assure you this is very important and life-changing ( to me) and I can tell you all the details later," Atsumu said. He hadn't quite finished the process of what he was going to show or say to the man, because he didn't really think he was going to continue asking further. 

"Why not now?"

"Because  I don't have time to do it right now"

"You're avoiding the question, you don't have anything else to say don't you?"

Atsumu flinched. Why is he always so observant. Atsumu thought. It's like he's reading my mind or something. "I'm not reading your mind it's just obvious of what you're thinking," Sakusa said monotone. Yeah like ya just read my mind just now. Atsumu looked up at the sky seeing the moon and stars were now out, clearer than before. He had to get back but he wasn't going back without this a**hole, regardless of whether this man wants to or not. "It's getting late and I need an answer, and a partner if we are going to do this well.". Atsumu said wiping off the wrinkles on his dress. 

"Bold of you to assume I accepted and gave you my answer"

"Bold of you to assume that I believe yer not thinkin' about it now"

"Bold of you to already speak as if I agreed"

"Bold of you to think that-" Atsumu paused and Sakusa smirked. He didn't have an answer to refute back and this man was gloating about it. He didn't have time for this. "I can assure you when I set the date for the meeting I will be able to give you all the details soon. Just please accept that we can schedule and meet soon" Atsumu said putting his hand out. Sakusa's face grimaced and he stared at Atsumu's face then the hand. Ah, Atsumu mentally face-palmed himself. In his previous life, he was told that Sakusa had a phobia, a germ one if he recalled it, preventing him from any touch whatsoever. Atsumu put his hand away and looked to the side awkwardly. "I know this might make you uncomfortable but I need you to dance with me for this ball. I could" Atsumu stopped to think. He needed Saksua to agree and be comfortable around him without worrying about his phobia. An idea popped into his head. "What about I wear gloves! You wouldn't feel uncomfortable. I can even sanitize before I touch you." "Has anyone told you that you talk so much"? Saksua said interrupting him in an angry tone. Atsumu looked at the man confused. Back then didn't he avoid any physical attraction? He was also made sure he sanitized everything he touched or was around with, he also hated crowded spaces, and mentions of his family in front of others. So what was the issue? But before Atsumu could ask why, Sakusa took him by the hand and marched to the doors connecting the garden and the ballroom. "I saw you sanitize your hands before you came to me with your weird way of proposing, so I am not concerned about that" He sad marching forward. Atsumu looked at the hand then to the back of sakusa head. So, he knew he took precautions and still was being rude acting as if he was a parasite, nevertheless he saw him do that from afar? Atsumu was too flustered to focus on his steps and kept stumbling on his feet. "Even so-ugh could you slow down, were going to the same place no need to walk so fast," Atsumu said grimacing the pain on his shoes. Sakusa paused in his footsteps and turned to Atsumu smirking"So your accent is gone now" He said. Atsumu flushed. "My accent isn't gone, I jus' wanted to speak respectfully!" He said shouting then covering his mouth. They were close to the ballroom doors people could hear them. Until the plan is set Atsumu didn't want people hearing him. "Well we're going inside now, so maybe you can keep it down with your insults. I don't want people to find out I'm a slender man now do I? Now come along, you've wasted my time enough" Sakusa said opening the doors. 

𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒷𝒾𝓉-

___________________

Words:1130

Date Updated: Dec.21.2021