꧁𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 9: 𝓗𝓮 𝓶𝓪𝓭𝓮 𝓲𝓽 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓪𝓰𝓪𝓲𝓷.꧂

No

No. He wasn't giddy. He has seen people smile all the time. He has seen his dead mother smile. He has seen his step brother smile, he has seen his cousin smile. There was no reason for him to feel giddy about someone smile much less  to this man. Sakusa's face turned to a sneer. This wasn't the first time, he felt this way, to anyone else that is. Noone made him feel like his heart was tingling  or he had butterflies in his stomach, so why him. Was it before the ball stated? Was it the time that he heard about him? Or was it before or after the dance? Sakusa looked at his palm and clenched it. He remebred the dance very vividly, too vidly in his opinion. He looked at his hand and clenched it. 

~𝓸~~~𝓸~~~~𝓸~

Everyone was looking at them. Dancing together, step by step, hand in hand. 

"I'm surprised that ya wanted to dance with me"

Sakusa slowed his footsteps. He didn't know what he was doing either. Never had be danced with someone at the balls, let alone been in contact with any partners. (It wasn't like he wanted any of them to approach him, he was fine on his own). 

"You talk to much"

"Excuse me for being suprised to have you dance with me mr.germaphobe"

Sakusa slowed his footsteps. He knows he's a distant, it isn't a suprise to him, but hearing the words said right to his face, they did hurt him a little. Atsumu noticed the change in speed and relized what he said. 

"Sorry I didn'-"

"It's fine"

From the way he was moving it was hard to think that what was said was fine, but Atsumu didn't engage the topic again. 

"I want to break the engagement with Usuri"

Sakusa finally looked at Atsumu instead of the flower on his hair, or the pin that shined thanks to the room light. 

"You are?"

His voiced sounded more suprised then he meant it to be. And it didn't go unnoticed as Atsumu smiled faintly. Not happy, but a soft sympathetic smile.

"Yeah, it's about time, it hasn't been good for me and it took me now to notice that we dont see eye to eye."

Sakusa lightly hummed. Although he wanted to know more, he decided not to presure the subject. Soon the only thing they could hear was thier feet on the dance floor.

"I'm surpised you have nothing more to say now."

Atsumu softly smiled.

"Well I just got nothin' to talk to you about."

"You seemed so full of yourself earlier. Did your plan not mention that you had to atleast to charm your person as you tell them your plan?"

Atsumu blushed at the comment. Yes his plan was not perfect, but it was still good over all, it just needed some improvement.

"W-well I certanly did not excpet you to dance with me, so can you blame me?"

"You should think of every situation when creating a plan"

"I do, I just crossed this one out because of"

Atsumu paused, he didn't want to make Sakusa more uncomfortable then he already is. Sakusa squeezed Atsumu's hand. He was in confusion to about touching a person. Noone knew of his condition but the butler and his Majesty and his cousin. But before Sakusa could ask, the music came to end, ending thier dance. 

"It was nice to dance with ya, and dont worry I'm coming to see ya soon"

And again, the man had left him to shock.

~𝓸~~~𝓸~~~~𝓸~

Sakusa looked out the window of the carriage and scrunched his eyebrows at the sight of trees. He knew this marriage was insane, yet that didn't stop him from sending the carriage, and much less entering inside. He couldn't explain it himslef but he wanted to see this man, even though he annoyed him with his snarky and bratty attidute, he wanted to see him once more. "Your highness we have arrived at the imperal garden". Sakusa always hated the garden, it always reminded him of the current empress, something he couldn't stand. He wasn't here for it anyway, so it usless to even put emotion into it. "Your majesty he's here". Sakusa sat up from his seat ad fixed his tie as he kept his eyes on the window. He wasn't trying to show his  excitement ( although it is hard to tell), but he did look foward to seeing Atsumu. As the carriage door open to Atsumu entering, Sakusa's heart ached. 'He looked like he cried' Sakusa thought. Sakusa tried to ingore his curioisty in why Atsumu looked like it, but he knew it was noone of his biusness."Well aint this unexcpeted" Atsumu said smriking at the prince. Fuck that smirk. "Am I fimilar with you to drop honorifics?" Sakusa said squiting his eyes at Atsumu. Atsumu streched his left arm acorss the seats and crosses his legs. "Sorry your highness but I wasn't excpectin' you to visit me." After that there was a pause. He didn't know what to say. Of course Sakusa wasn't going to say that he wanted to see Atsumu, his pride wouldn't allow it. "I'm giving you my response soon. Tommorow infact and I needed to inform you of it." Sakusa said shuffling back to his corner of the carriage. Atsumu raised an eyebrow. "Why did ya come yourself then? Surely you could've sent yer messengers or butler can't ya?" Sakusa squinted his eyes at Atsumu. This man was so much dumber then he looked. "Were are the only one who know of  this ordeal, would you really want such information to be spread around town?" Sakusa said. Atsumu pursed his lips. No. He had not thought of that. Sakusa mentally face-palmed himself. "Well could ya blame me? I thought ya told someone" Atusmu pouted. Sakusa almost wanted to call the man cute. Almost. But he was focused on other things( despite how much he tried to). The carriage then came to a stop( unfortunaty), and Atsumu was singalled to get off. As he was about to open the door, a head popped up inside the carriage causing Atsumu to slouch in his position. 

"Usuri, it's nice to see ya..."

______________________________________

Word:1039

Date Updated:Jul 22.22