꧁𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 6: 𝓞𝓾𝓻 𝓣𝓪𝓵𝓴 𝓓𝓸𝓮𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝓒𝓸𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓻𝓷 𝓨𝓸𝓾꧂

Atsumu looked down at his hand as if something was sticking on it

Atsumu looked down at his hand as if something was sticking on it. He wasn't disgusted by it no, but rather confused. The man he danced with had a phobia, a mysophobia to germs, but willingly grabbed his hand to dance. Was it because Atsumu mentioned that he cleaned his hands before? Was it because he was the only one that didn't have a dance? Was it because he insisted something crazy and thought a dance would make Atsumu leave him alone?  Questions started racing through his head. He was so caught up with it that he didn't hear Anders calling for him. "Princess are alright?" He asked face of concern. Atsumu clenched his hands "It's fine. I'm fine" he said waving off Anders concern. It was nothing to worry about, in fact he should be more concerned about other things. "Anders send a message to arch-duke. I would like ta have a word with im'" Atsumu smiled slightly as he finished his sentence. Anders bowed as he then left the room. Atsumu slumped back into his chair, he wished he could've gotten more information about the arch-duke at the party. When it came to miltary defense he was the second after the princess, and it would be great to have a strong defense sheild with him. 

"There hasn't been any tension between him and your family or the royal family in that matter. But they cut ties with the Baron's family, reason? I'm trying to find out right now. Other then that the arch-duke doesn't have any dirty secrets kept inside". Suna said waving his hand away to the side disappointed with his findings. He then looked at Atsumu in question "Don't know why you asked me to do this, gonna let me on with your little plan?" Suna said with a hand under his chin. Atsumu looked at him, sticking his tounge out in annoyance and said  "I will soon so don't worry about. " Suna then stepped on his foot in retalation. "I give you this info and you have the audacity to not tell me you little-" "Anders I'm being Attacked by this creature oh my god-" Atsumu said in panic as he tried run away fron Suna. "Come back here u little shi-" "I'm being harrased-"

The information Suna gave him was good enough, but he too wished there was more secrets the arch-duke held against the royal family and the dukes family. But he couldn't complain, making an enemy of the Royal family was not only easy but deadly, anything you could say that trashed the families name who could end up beheaded. Atsumu looked out the window from the office away from the letters on his desk. Ever since the dance he and Sakusa had, everyones been sending him invites to  tea chats, parties, picnics, some even premission to court him. It was wierd to see so many letters for him displayed in front of him. Before he barely had any letters since most them were hidden or given to Osamu (the public had and still does have a hard time trying to distinguish the two) but it decreased as soon people found out his engagment with Usuri. Atsumu strived attention, he was just born with that feature, so when he didn't get attention from his family he would rely on the letters , and when the letter decreased he then relied on his soon-to-be husband, but that was to a waste of time. 

"Your worried about nothing." Usuri said in annoyance as he pinched the bridge of his nose. Atsumu saw the look and didn't want to put more stress, but he's been hiding from the public so long, he need to at least inform Suna and his family that he is alive.  "Let me just send one to Samu. He's probably worried sick and at least let me send it to Suna as well" Atsumu cried with tears swelling up in his eyes. He missed his family alot and he hasn't contacted them in forever ever since he started working with Usuri. Usuri picked his face from his hand and looked at Atsumu in utter disgust as if he just spit in his face. Atsumu flinched back at bit. "I said you dont have to worry about the letters, you have to work anyways, then can hear about you on the news. Now stop wasting wasting my time when you should be working!" He raised his tone ending his scetnece and Atsumu winced. Usuri most of noticed the wincing as he came closer to Atsumu and help his chin so that he would meet his eyes. "I'm sorry I yelled but please try and understand. You'll contact them soon" Usuri said with a soft tone. Atsumu looked the side then at his eyes and smiled slightly. He nodded letting Usuri leave him to his thoughts again.  

He was an idiot back then. Usuri wouldn't give him any attention no matter how hard he begged- it was a waste of time. All then he could have been a strong mage which a great status, so what if his family was a mess? At least he had his mom, Samu, his grandparents, and Suna he would be fine. Thinking back to those times were also a waste of time. He had only one chance to change and he wasn't going to waste it. 'i should also send a message to Sakusa about meeting him' Atsumu thought to himself. He was doing good and didn't want anything to be ruined. 

So why is the man he didn't want to talk to- or even mention  for that matter-wish to see him?

________________________

Words: 964

Date Updated: Feb.27.2022