It Was Always You

*Dialogue and characters from Season 4 Episode 10 included...all rights reserved by Netflix and Lucifer*

**Mature Content Warning!**

Lucifer is standing on his balcony looking out on Los Angeles. He is wearing his perfectly fitted black suit, white shirt and red pocket square and appears to have so much on his mind. What is the right thing to do? Should he leave to protect humanity? Should he leave her?

Chloe pulls nervously at her black shirt with the stars on it as she rides the elevator up to the penthouse. She takes in a deep breath as she hears the familiar ding of the elevator and steps into Lucifer's barely lit penthouse. It seems unusually dark. She sees him standing on the balcony with his back to her staring out at the city.

"So Charlie is back with Amenadiel and Linda so, you know, it is over," she says. Lucifer does not respond. "Isn't it...over?"

Lucifer's head and shoulders seem to carry a heavy burden that Chloe can see and nerves hit her even more. He turned to face her.

"I would say yes, Detective, but I would be lying and we both know I don't do that. Tonight we won but we just plugged one hole in a very flimsy boat. Now the demons know I have no intention of returning. They will continue to defy me. It is only a matter of time before they come back to Earth. Who knows where next. Or maybe they will just come back for Charlie.

Or maybe you."

Chloe nods and then raises every ounce of strength in her to bring her head up and look Lucifer in the eye. "I see, so what are you saying?"

"I have to go back."

"So for how long? A couple of weeks or a month?"

"You were right about the prophecy, we did get it wrong. It is about hell coming to Earth and we may have stopped it now but for how long? I need to keep them contained, they must have a king."

"No. No no. No, see this is...this is what I meant, Lucifer, when...you can't leave me. Look I am so sorry about how I acted when I first saw your face. It was stupid and please...Please don't go I...I love you.

"I love you! Please don't leave!"

Lucifer's eyes filled with tears and he huffs a little disbelief as he starts to approach her.

"See we were wrong about something else in the prophecy. My first love was never Eve. It was you, Chloe. It always has been."

Lucifer puts his hand on her cheek and leans in to kiss her. It was meant to be a quick goodbye but Chloe could not allow it. This was the man she loves and she knew this was wrong. She grabs his cheeks and pulls him back toward her so he is looking in her eyes.

"Lucifer, you cannot leave me. We are meant to be together. Partners till the end. If you leave, who will have my back? Who will have yours? Please, give me time. Let me show you why you need stay."

Chloe kisses Lucifer on his cheeks and then takes his mouth. It is not a kiss of goodbye but one of possession. Her hands slip around his head and holds him to her. There is no resistance from him and his hands find the small of her back as his tongue finds hers.

She breaks the kiss as they are both breathing hard desire flooding through them both. She slowly undoes the buttons on her shirt as Lucifer watches with pure lust in his expression.

"Chloe..."

"No," she says as she stops unbuttoning her shirt and places a finger over his lips. "You aren't leaving me."

She takes his hand and leads him to the bed where she turns to face him and finishes unbuttoning her shirt revealing her red lace bra. He swallows hard and clinches his jaw.