Angels Amok

It had been a month since Lee's death and his murder solved.  Lucifer had not checked on him again.  His role was difficult as the warden and he had to maintain distance to leave free will alone.  It had always weighed him down.  Lucifer looked out on the city from his balcony as he drank his whiskey.  The lights of the endless stream of traffic was always annoying and drowned out the beauty of the skyline.  

Chloe and Lucifer had just worked a case with an ex boyfriend of hers that had really solidified their relationship.  And Dan had found out about him being the devil.  They still didn't know where he was because he had shot Lucifer and fled when Lucifer came back from certain death and his invulnerability intact.  Chloe and Lucifer still had not figured out what had changed.  

There new case was a serial killer who would paralyze the victim's vocal cords and they had just captured a copycat but still trying to figure out the real killer.  Chloe was on her way over and his intention was to tell her the truth about being made for him over dinner that he was having catered.  It wasn't like her to run late without a text and the delay was not helping his courage.  He looked down at his phone and there were no texts other than the one she sent over two hours ago telling him she was running behind and would be there by 6.  It was 6:45.   And then his phone rang.

"You are running really behind, Detective," he said into the phone.

"Probably because she isn't coming, Samael," said the voice on the other end.  Lucifer's eyes glowed red and anger welled in him the room turning very dark.  He knew that voice.  "Michael."

"Yes.  And I have your little play thing with me so I would suggest you behave and calm that anger of yours, lightbringer."

"Where is she?  I will destroy you if you hurt her, Michael."

"Ahhh I am so worried.  Right now, just sit in the knowledge that I have her and appreciate you could not protect her from me."

Michael hung up the phone and looked at Chloe and smiled an evil smile.  "Your boyfriend is a little upset."

"What do you want?  And who are you and why do you look like Lucifer?"

Michael was visibly annoyed by that questions.

"I am his twin, Michael.  Archangel for God's army," he said puffing out his chest and looking to her for fear or some sign she was impressed.  She was neither.

"I thought angels were supposed to be good."

"Yes, because Lucifer is sooo good!"

"Lucifer is everything you are not.  He does not lie or kidnap humans."

Michael's face darkened even more and anger was visible.

"Ahh so you think your great Lucifer does not lie but does he always tell the whole truth?  Let me tell you something he hasn't told you and let's see what you think about him after that."

After Michael hung up and Lucifer slammed his fist into the wall.  His elevator rang and Amenadiel walked in.  

"Brother, what is going on?"

"Michael.  He has Chloe."

"What?  Michael is here?"

"Yes, and he has her and I don't even know what to do.  Where does he have her?  Why would he take her?"

Amenadiel started to respond when his phone went off to Linda calling.  "Luci, I have to take this."

Lucifer listened to his brother's voice get a little frantic with something to do with Charlie.