Lunch with the Haywoods

Freddy/Tuck's POV
It was a nice Sunday and my family decided to have a barbecue for lunch and I was thinking of inviting Summer. I never got the chance to show my country boy side or my country family. I already invited her but I have to ask my dad to see if it's OK. I came to the kitchen to find my dad having coffee after getting the stuff for the barbecue.

Beau- Hey Tuck.
Freddy/Tuck- Hey Daddy, Ummm... can I ask you something?
Beau- Sure.
Freddy/Tuck- OK, do you remember my friend Summer Hathaway from my middle school life aka School of Rock?
Beau- Yeah. I actually went to Ms. Rudy's house the other day and saw her. She seems like a cheerful and nice girl.
Freddy/Tuck- (Blushing) Well, she is one ray of sunshine. So is it OK if she comes over for lunch?
Beau- Well... that's new.
Freddy/Tuck- What is?
Beau- You don't usually invite a girl over lunch, you normally...
Freddy/Tuck- I know, I know but Summer has been my best friend since we were 6 years old and never let her meet you guys so...
Beau- Well, since you're asking me then... Ok, she can come.
Freddy/Tuck- Thanks, daddy.
Beau- Just please don't do anything stupid to her.
Freddy/Tuck- If her best friend Tomika finds out what I did you to Summer, I rather be dead than alive then to be killed by her.

My dad looked confused but it was funny...

Skip time to a half-hour before lunch...

No one's POV
So Summer/Grace was walking to the Haywood's house after getting dressed.

Summer/Grace's outfit with ankle boots^^^)

Meanwhile, the Haywoods were getting ready for lunch. Freddy/Tuck was very nervous because he invited not only his ex-girlfriend or his best friend but invited someone that he's been secretly crushing on ever since School of Rock ended.

Freddy/Tuck- Alright, is everything ready?
Brody- Why are you asking and why are you nervous?
Freddy/Tuck- I'm not nervous, why would I be?
Beau- He's nervous because he invited his friend Summer from School of Rock to lunch.
Freddy/Tuck- (Teeth together Annoyed) Thanks for admitting that.
Cassidy- Why are nervous? You're never nervous for a girl.
Freddy/Tuck- This is the first time my best friend/my School of Rock bandmate is going to have lunch with my biological family. So how nerve-wracking is that?
Bailey- OK, Tuck you need to calm down. It's just a friend.
Chloe- A friend that he talks about a lot.
Freddy/Tuck- Do not tell her that.
Bailey- But why are you nervous Tuck?
Freddy/Tuck- Summer or Grace if you want to call her that.
Brody- OK?
Freddy/Tuck- We've been best friends since my first time living here and I never introduced her to my country family; her words are not mine, and she was part of School of Rock aka the secret rock band that I was in so that is why I'm nervous.
Dylan- You'll be fine.
Freddy/Tuck- Why are dressed in a black shirt and red tie?
Dylan- Why can't I?

Then there was a knock on the door and Freddy/Tuck came to the door and saw Summer/Grace.

Freddy/Tuck- Hey Sum.
Summer/Grace- Hey Fred.

Freddy tried to stand in a cool way but ended up falling on the floor as Summer/Grace comes in.

Summer/Grace- Are you OK?
Freddy/Tuck- (Sarcastic) Yeah, my butt broke my fall. (Stands up)
Beau- Anyways, everyone meets Tuck's friend from middle school aka School of Rock, Summer Hathaway, or Grace Sullivan because she changed her name.
Dylan- Well, hello gorgeous. I'm Dylan and may I say that you are a very beautiful girl.
Summer/Grace- (Shocked and Uncomfortable) Uhhhh... how old are you?
Dylan- 15.
Beau- He's 12.
Dylan- Almost 13.
Beau- But still 12.
Dylan- (Annoyed) Well 12 is the new 13 so.
Summer/Grace- Well... I... I'm older.
Dylan- Yeah, I know. How about a tour Sunshine?
Summer/Grace- I'll pass but thank you for the offer.
Brody- By the way, I'm Brody Haywood, Tuck's amazing brother and I'm single.
Summer/Grace- OK?
Cassidy- Ignore that. I'm Cassidy.
Chloe- And I'm Chloe and you're very pretty.
Summer/Grace- Thank you.
Bailey- Hi, I'm Bailey; their Nanny.
Summer/Grace- Hi. Wow, Freddy, you were right, your family is sweet and nice.
Beau- Oh, did you really tell her that?
Freddy/Tuck- (Nervously rubs the back of his neck) Well...
Summer/Grace- Is that a real piano?
Cassidy- Yes but I don't trust strangers playing with our instruments.
Freddy/Tuck- Sorry, Cassidy is not good at trusting people too easily after our mom passed away.
Summer/Grace- OK.
Beau- Well, lunch is almost ready. Boys, can you give me a hand?
Haywood boys- OK/Alright.
Freddy/Tuck- I'll be right back Sum.

Summer/Grace's POV
So after Freddy left, I was with the girls.

Bailey- So... Ummm I hope you don't mind me asking but are you and Tuck a thing?
Summer/Grace- (Secretly sad) No, we're just friends.
Bailey- OK.
Summer/Grace- So can I do anything to help?
Bailey- Just put the place that is on the counter on the table.
Summer/Grace- Yes ma'am.

I picked up the plates and put them on the table. Cassidy and Chloe just watched me...

Chloe- So Summer, what was middle school like?
Summer/Grace- You mean the normal side or the rock band side?
Chloe- Rock band?
Summer/Grace- Well, on my side of the story; crazy, fun, and educational in a rock band style.
Cassidy- So what was Tuck like in middle school?
Summer/Grace- Three words, popularity, skateboarding, and his hair obviously.
Bailey- I've never seen Tuck on a skateboard?
Summer/Grace- Yeah he showed me his city boy side and not his country boy side.
Chloe- What instrument did you play?
Summer/Grace- The tambourine and I was the band manager but I kinda felt a little bit useless.
Freddy/Tuck- Why would you think that? You were never useless. I mean, you keep everything up under control. None of us can't do it.
Beau- Well, that's good to know.

They got the food and we sat down to eat.

See you in part 2...