Chapter 1 - Chance encounter

Disclaimer: The Show Victorious, its characters and other associated copyrights are property of someone on else and not me.

Twist of fate

Chapter 1 – Chance encounter

No One's POV

It was just after 7:30 in the morning, when the green minivan pulled up in front of Hollywood Art's high school. Being the first day of school, the place was buzzing with activity. Moments after the van pulled up, the side door slid open and a small ramp that was right behind it opened up. The figure that rolled down the ramp in her wheelchair immediately afterward was very excited for her first day of school.

David Vega got out of the driver's seat and went around to check to see, if his daughter had everything she needed.

"Tori you have your bag and all you need for your first day." He said with a slight nervous voice.

"I have everything daddy." Tori replied with a quick nod and a warm smile.

"Remember if you need any..." He started to say before Tori cut him off.

"I'll be fine daddy. They have full handicap access. Ramps, elevators the works. Don't worry."

"I'm your father, it's my job."

"And I love you for it, Daddy. I appreciate you letting me do this."

David Vega looked at all the students walking to the famous performing art's high school then back to Tori. "It's incredible you made it in. Trina and your mom would be so proud."

The smile on Tori's face, momentarily, vanished as she gave a rather sad nod. "I can imagine they would be." She said in a solemn voice.

David Vega, kissed his daughter on the cheek. "Well, make them proud, make me proud. Remember, the service will pick you up right here after school."

Tori smiled and began to roll her chair to the front entrance. "I will. Thanks Daddy."

With a huge smile and a sense of bursting excitement Tori Vega rolled her wheel chair to the front entrance and up the ramp that was to be used by people in wheel chairs. As she did, she marveled at the various students playing instruments or in a few cases singing. The place was filled with talented people and Tori felt privileged to be there.

Rolling in the front entrance, she tried to remember where the main office was. Today was her first day and she needed to check in and get her final schedule. But she couldn't remember where it was. She had a tour some weeks ago when she was accepted, but had forgotten since.

"Oh Chiz. I can't remember where the office is." Tori muttered.

Figuring she would ask someone; she turned her attention to the nearest person. It was a Goth type looking girl. She was wearing, Black boots, leggings, a green skirt and black top with a leather Jacket. Her hair was Jet Black with a few strands of blue in them. One strand had fallen in front of the dark sunglasses she was wearing. The Goth was leaning against the wall, next to a trash can, calmly sipping her coffee. She appeared to be not looking at anything in particular and Tori guessed was thinking about something.

"Excuse me." Tori said with a slight shout. She had to as it was rather loud at the moment, with all the new students coming in the door.

The raven-haired girl turned her head towards Tori, as rather distinct scowl appeared on her face. "And your reason for bugging me in the middle of my coffee is?" She said in a rather acidic tone of voice.

Tori was taken for a moment by the woman's beauty. She had known for a while she liked girls as well as guys, but her over protective father had kind of kept her from dating anyone.

"She's beautiful. God is she ever beautiful." Tori thought quickly, before she answered the girl.

Suddenly nervous in the raven-haired girl's presence, Tori answered, but stammered. "Um...er...I'm New here and I don't know where the office is. Could you...If you don't mind point it out to me."

"Do I look like a signpost to you?" The raven-haired Girl snapped.

"Well...um...No. I thought I would just ask." A now very nervous Tori, answered.

"Well you thought wrong little girl. Why don't you just run off and play hopscotch somewhere else." The Raven-haired girl, said mockingly.

"Run off, does it look like I can run anywhere or play hopscotch?" An incensed Tori quickly thought, as her blood began to boil.

Tori hated getting mad, but being mocked for her paralysis was too much for her. "You could have just said, I'm busy, or please leave me alone. You didn't have to be such a fucking bitch about it. Asshole!" Tori shot back in a furious tone, before rolling off.

"Screw you." The Raven-haired girl known as Jade said.

Jade then took the last drink of her coffee, reached down with the empty cup and dropped the cup in the trash can she was right next to.

"What's her fucking problem? Stupid bitch gets all bent out of shape over a minor put down." Jade said, as she pulled out and unfolded a white cane from her bag.

Jade just huffed and with the cane moving back and forth in front of her, slowly made her way down the hallway.

As you may have guessed, Tori is paralyzed and Jade is blind. Jade couldn't see Tori's wheel chair and with Jade's sunglasses, Tori didn't realize Jade was blind.