Chapter 8 - The mall, Part - 1

Disclaimer: The show Victorious, its characters and other associated copyrights are property of someone else and not me.

Twist of fate

Chapter 8 – The mall – Part 1

No One's POV

"Where are you taking me?" Tori asked, as they neared the stairs.

"I don't know...I figure we'll go this way, until I hit something." Jade said sarcastically.

Tori couldn't help but notice, she was being wheeled straight for the stairs. "Or fall down the stairs.....which will happen in about 30 seconds."

Jade immediately stopped and moved the chair to the right. "I believe the little elevator for wheel chairs is this way."

"Yes, just a bit more to the right and just a bit ahead.

A few minutes later, with Tori's guidance, the pair was now outside the front of the school.

"OK, Vega, point me to the bus stop. Unless you have a car. Mine's at home. My dad says I should sell it. I told him no."

"Uh...It's to our left about 20 yards down the sidewalk. Why may I ask you still keep your car?"

Jade started to roll Tori up the sidewalk. "Because it makes it that much easier to run people down. Besides, it's my car and I'll be damned if I give it up."

"But you can't drive it."

Jade stopped and moved around the front of the chair. With an angry expression on her face, she dug through her bag and pulled out her wallet. Opening it, she revealed, a driver's license. See, a fully valid driver's license. I can drive just fine, I just happen to hit and run things over a lot."

Tori rolled her eyes, thankful that Jade couldn't see her do it. "Nice of you to not inform the DMV, that you can no longer see."

Jade shoved the wallet back in her back. "Let them figure that out."

By this point, they reached the bus stop and began to wait. "We will need the number 57 bus. Please let me know when it comes"

"Ok Jade, Where is that particular bus going? Dare I ask?"

"The mall. Which is a considerable improvement over this place."

Tori was a bit nervous about leaving school. She knew her overprotective father would not be pleased to learn she had skipped school to go to the mall, with someone he hadn't met. But at the same time, she was pleased to be with Jade. It gave her a strange giddy feeling, which she found herself rather enjoying. Jade on the other hand leaned against the wheel chair.

Though Tori quickly noticed, frequently when Jade would hear someone walk by on the sidewalk she would "Stare" at them. Actually, she would intently gaze in the direction of the sound of the footsteps.

As they waited, some old woman walked by who looked to be bundled up like it was 20 degrees outside. In fact, Tori thought it was a very warm day. Jade fixed her sightless gaze on the woman and kept staring at the woman, as she walked past. The old woman seemed to grow visibly nervous and eventually stopped.

"What on earth are you staring at young lady!" The woman quickly snapped. "Don't you know it's rude to stare at people?"

Jade instantly burst out laughing and shrugged. "Hey, I like to mentally undress people. It's what I do. I can't believe those boobs sag all the way down to your snatch?"