Regrets

Lacey POV

In had been a week since I had seen Chris or Lisa and I was kind of happy about it. I stormed out of there pretty quickly and although I know Lisa knew about my child hood I didn't really want to have to explain to Chris.
I don't know what his deal was. He did what he did and he can't just say sorry and expect me to forget. That night followed me around all the way to graduation and even in my first year of college. He ruined me.
I'm sat at home playing the piano thinking of some new songs when my phone rings. I look and it's lily, she is out with her boyfriend tonight
"Hey, pine cone what's up?"
I couldn't hear her very clearly, but it sounded like she was crying
"Lily? What's wrong?"
"Can you come get me? Please"
"Of course where are you?"
She told me the address and told me to hurry. I didnt waste a minute I ran to get my car keys when I remembered my car was at the garage. I called Stacey but she wasn't answering. I didn't know anyone else with a car and Uber wasn't working. There was only one other person I thought of. Oh god!
I rang him
"Hey"
"Hey who's this?"
"Really Chris? It's Lacey"
"Oh hey, what's up?"
"I need your help, lily just called crying, she is at this party with her boyfriend and she asked me to go get her quickly, I don't know what's happened and I'm freaking out"
"Okay, I'll be with you in 5 minutes"
With that he hung up and I locked up the house and waited for him outside. He sped up my drive and I hopped in the car, I told him the address and he drove quicker then he should to get there.
When I got there I jumped out of the car. Kids where everywhere, drunk of there faces. Some of them recognising me and Chris as we walked in. I saw one of Lily's friends and asked her where lily was. She said she saw her go upstairs with her boyfriend. I ran up those stairs so quickly, Chris right behind me. I pushed open every door until I found lily, she was on the floor by the side of the bed crying her eyes out.
"Lily? What happened"
"Just take me home please" she sobbed
"Lily did he do something to you?"
"He tried but I got him off me before he could"
"That's it I'm going to kill him" I told Chris to stay with lily, I stormed passed him and searched the whole house. I was going to find that little
Prick.

Chris POV

Lacey was pissed, she pushed past me and told me to stay with lily.
After a few minutes lily looked at me "you need to go find her! Now! She really will kill him! She's been through this before Chris please go find her"
"What do you mean?"
"Go Chris please"
I did I ran after her, I was looking into every room when I heard shouting outside, I walked out and Lacey had Lily's boyfriend by the throat against a tree. She was screaming at him.
"You disgusting parasite, how dare you try to force a young girl to doing anything she doesn't want to do. You little dickhead. I swear to god you come near her again and I will rip your tiny little dick off and I will ram it down your throat. Do you understand me?"
I ran over to her "woah Lacey, put the boy down"
"No, why do you boys think you have the right to force a women to do something she doesn't want to do? Why?"
She looked at me with such anger and sadness in her eyes. She was crying. This wasn't just about lily.
I heard lily behind me "Lacey please let's just go home"
Lacey turned around and sighed. She threw the boy against the tree and made her threat again "don't ever come near my sister again. You got it?"
He simply nodded. She walked past me and got to lily. She wrapped her in her arms and walked towards the door. I followed. I drove them home. Lacey asked me to walk lily into the house. I didn't understand why but I did as she asked. I got lily comfortable and went back to see what Lacey was doing. She was punching a  wall, her hands were all bloody. I ran to her and wrapped my arms around her. "Lacey stop, your going to hurt yourself"
She was crying, more like sobbing. I just held her, she turned around and buried her head in my chest. I hugged her tight, she was an emotional mess. I faintly heard her say "why does this happen? Why can't boys take no for an answer?"
I didn't know what to say, I just swayed slightly and shushed her. She fell on the floor, me with her and we both just stayed knelt down while I held her. Once she had calmed down, she looked up at me through such sad eyes
"Thank you for helping me tonight"
"Your welcome. Are you okay?"
She cleared her throat and got up, "I will be, you can go Chris it's fine"
"Lacey, I know I'm not your favourite person but I'm not leaving not yet anyway. Please just let me come in and make you guys some food and something to drink"
She thought about it for a while and eventually said "okay"
We walked into the house and lily was still on the couch, I think she had fallen asleep.
Me and Lacey went to the kitchen and she was trying to clean her hands.
"Hey, let me do that"
"It's okay I've.,,.."
"Stop being stubborn please"
She nodded. I careful rinsed her hands off, to get rid of all the blood and then I used some rubbing alcohol and cleaned the wound. She winced in pain and grabbed my hand.
"Sorry, that hurts"
"It's okay, I'm nearly done"
I wrapped up her hands and she said thank you. She stayed sat on the kitchen counter and I was in front of her. We didn't say anything for a while.
"Lacey what was all that about?"
"That boy shouldn't have touched her like that"
"No I get that, I mean I wanted to smack him one myself. I mean outside. Why did you punch the wall?"
"It's nothing. Just forget it"
"Lacey please"
She looked at me with sadness in her eyes again, I could see the tears rolling down her cheeks
"A couple of years ago I was attacked, but I wasn't lucky enough to be able to get away. I was raped. And I ended up pregnant, I lost the baby at 8 weeks." She was looking down at her hands. I put my finger under her chin to make her look at me "Lacey, I'm so sorry"
"It happened. I got over it.  But I swore lily would never be disrespect by any man ever"
"I get that, you are fercely protective over her"
"I am. She is my world and has been since the moment she was born. I'm not allow anyone to hurt her"
I nodded, without thinking I put my hand on top of hers. She winced "shit! Sorry"
She giggled "it's okay"
She slid of the counter and did something I was not expecting. She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me in for a hug. I wrapped my arms around her and we just held each other for a little while.
She then whispered "thank you Evans"
I smiled.
Maybe I was getting through that tough exterior after all.