Wedding

Lacey POV

It had been a month since I saw Chris. I wanted to believe him but part of me just couldn't trust him. I know it sounded stupid but I was so scared to be open with someone again and I just don't want to get hurt.
Today is Stacey's wedding day. I know! She met a guy on her holiday months ago and they hit it off and now they are getting married. I tried to talk to her about how fast it was but she seemed to be happy, so I let it go.
I was of course maid of honour and singer for the night.
They had a beautiful ceremony and now it was time for the reception. All toasts had been made and it was now my turn to get up and sing there first dance. She picked my song heartbeat. It was a beautiful song. As I was singing I saw Chris coming into the marquee. I didn't know he had been invited. He locked eyes with me as I was singing and my heart was beating so fast. I missed him so much. I tried to concentrate on the song and not him. After the first dance, Stacey had asked me to right a song for her and her mum. Her mum was her world as her dad wasn't around so I wrote a beautiful song for them.

"Hey. Could I please ask Stacey and her wonderful mum Ashley to come onto the dance floor?"

The song started and it always made me tear up

Mama, you taught me to do the right things
So now you have to let your baby fly
You've given me everything that I will need
To make it through this crazy thing called life

And I know you watched me grow up
And only want what's best for me
And I think I found the answer to your prayers

And he is good, so good
He treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good
He makes promises he keeps
No, he's never gonna leave
So don't you worry about me
Don't you worry about me

Mama, there's no way you'll ever lose me
Giving me away is not goodbye
As you watch me walk down to my future
I hope tears of joy are in your eyes

'Cause he is good, so good
And he treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good
He makes promises he keeps
No, he's never gonna leave
So don't you worry about me
Don't you worry about me

And when I watch my baby grow up
I only want what's best for her
And I hope she'll find the answer to our prayers
And that she'll say

He is good, so good
And he treats your little girl like a real man should
He is good, so good
He makes promises he keeps
No, he's never gonna leave
So don't you worry about me
Don't you worry about me

Mama, don't you worry about me
Don't you worry about me

Chris POV

When Lacey was singing Stacey's and Ashley's song I could tell she was crying. It would always effect her knowing that her mum would never be here. Her mum was horrible and Lacey didn't really ever get to feel love from her and now it was too late.
When lace finished, I made my way to the bar and bought her a drink, I took it over to the table she was sat at.
"Here"
She looked up and smiled at me "thank you"
"That was a beautiful song"
"Thank you. What are you doing here?"
"Lily invited me as her plus one"
"Oh"
She stood up and walked closer to me "dance?"
"Would love to"
We walked out to the dance floor and I pulled her close. We just swayed along with the music until I spoke.
"You used our song for there first dance"
"Our song ?"
"Yeah you know that's my favourite song of yours"
She laughed "well sorry Evans but Stacey is my best friend so she gets first pick of my songs"
"Evans?"
She smiled at me "yes Evans"
I smiled and we carried on dancing. Once the song has finished, I walked her out to the beautiful gardens so we could talk.
"Lacey, I'm sorry"
"No Chris, I should apologise. You explained everything and I still didn't forgive you.  I'm just so scared to trust someone. Because I don't want to get hurt. But I do trust you and I believe you."
"You do?"
"Yes I do"
I turn and pulled her towards me "Lacey I missed you so much. And I'm in love with you, so whether you want to push me away right now or not I'm not going anywhere. I'll always be here"
She smiled "I'm in love with you too Evans. I don't want to push you away anymore"
I cupped her cheek and pulled her in for a kiss, I heard her moan into the kiss. I had missed this. Her lips on mine. We were lost in each other until we heard a click of a camera. I turned around and saw lily and Stacey there pointing phones at us.
"Okay love birds let's not make babies at my wedding please" Stacey said laughing
"Stacey!!"
"What? I'm happy for you babes. He isn't so bad after all"
"Well thanks"
"I like him." Lily said while hugging me
"I like you too lily" I hugged her back.
"Great come on we have a party to get back too. And miss Anderson we have to dance our dance"
"What dance?" She looked up at me confused. I shrug my shoulders
"You know the dance"
"Oh god no Stacey I'm not doing that. Chris don't like them take me"
I started laughing and Stacey dragged Lacey away. Me and lily followed "I'm glad you guys worked it out. But cap! Hurt her again and I'll kill ya"
"Got it little one"
Lacey and Stacey where stood in the middle of the dance floor and then I heard the song. I started laughing it was new kids on the block the right stuff.
They started dancing and I have never seen Lacey look so relaxed and happy. I loved her and I was not letting her go this time.