11

Amara

"I'm gonna do it today" I mumbled towards Alex as he drops off a pile of plates and trays. 

"Today?" He whispered in disbelief looking down at me as  I nodded. "He has been asking to see me for a week now and I've been avoiding him for the other 3 weeks. If I avoid him any longer he might just kick me out of the pack." I teased as he frowns at me.

"What if he makes you a rouge for rejecting him?" Alex asks me with panic eyes as I sigh. "At least that means he accepted the rejection?" I tried to find the silver lining as he growled at me for poking fun at him.

"Okay. I'm sorry. I'm 75% sure he wouldn't throw me out of the pack. Lizzie will throw a fit of absolute rage. She'd probably follow me" I chuckled as he grins. "I'd follow you too" He tells me softly.

"Well I'm not a rouge and you're not helping me feel better Alex" I told him as I began to panic. "You're right I'm sorry. When are you gonna do it?" He asked again helping me move all the dirty dishes to the sink.

"You two quit chatting. You don't get paid to gossip. The last time I checked you get paid to work" Chef Jackass scolded angrily at us as we nodded.

"And Amara? Beta Tyler is looking for you. Don't keep him waiting" He warned as he points towards the door.

"Yes sir" I replied walking towards a grinning Tyler. "What are you happy about?" I asked him as he flusters making me chuckle at him. 'Are you blushing? What the hell happened to you? Find your mate?" I joked nudging his side as he face goes rigid. He briefly glances at me before walking yet again.

""Wait wait wait wait" I squealed grabbing his forearm dragging him back a couple steps.

"You found your mate? When? Why didn't you tell me?" I scolded smacking his arm and squealing again leaning my head against his shoulder.

"Aww you found your mate" I cooed hugging him as he smiles. "Who is she? Do I know her? Do you know her?" I added quickly eagerly.

"We both know her" He tells me as I stare at him expecting him to continue but I was greeted with silence. "Well are you gonna tell me her name or...?" I asked as he grins down at me.

"I would be but we're here and alpha has been in a mood for days. Good luck Mar" Tyler salutes at me as I roll my eyes at him.

I knock on the wooden doors two times before clasping my hands together nervously. I could feel his presence close to me in seconds. It took several seconds for the door to finally open.

"Alpha" I greeted maintaining my cool (for the most part).

"Amara I'm glad you granted your mate the privilege to be in your presence" He says in a bitter sarcastic tone. "Please don't do that. This whole issue is not funny" I told him as some staff closed the doors behind me.

"Issue huh?" He retorts looking back at me as he leans against his desk.

"This whole situation is just messy and I don't need your humor making it better" I snapped back crossing my arms angrily.

"You've been avoiding me for an entire month. I've been extremely patient with you Amara" He reminds me as I chuckle dryly at him.

"Oh well in that case, thank you so much for your kindness Alpha" I mocked indifferently as he gives me a slight glare.

"I've been trying my best to be understanding but you can't ignore us forever" He tells me looking me up and down. I was in my work uniform so there was obviously not much to see.

"What are you looking at? I'm at work" I said irritably rolling my eyes at him. "You look beautiful" He comments softly.

"Are-are we gonna talk or are you just gonna stare at me all day?" I sassed challenging.

"I can do both. I'm an amazing multitasker" He teases smirking at me.

"So I am thinking it's just easier not prolonging this any longer than necessary. And I'm sorry I've taken so long but this isn't any easier for me than it is for you" I told him fidgeting with my hands nervously.

"You have a mate and she is the Luna of this pack and I am in no way going to challenge that. We gotta be realistic, I'm the one that got the short end of the stick here. And I have come to terms with that now" I explained as he straightens up from his sitting position on the edge of the desk.

"No Amara. Just stop talking" He growls angrily as he glares at me taking long steps towards me.

"WHAT OTHER CHOICE DO I HAVE?!" I exclaimed waving my arms up in the air desperately.

"CHOOSE ME!" He replies equally as desperate as I look into his eyes.

"You're not being fair Kaden" I told him softly as he pulled himself closer to me. "Stop. Please." I begged putting my hand against his chest for some necessary distance. 

He grabbed my hand gently, sparks travelled up my arm gradually. "Can you hear my heart beating Amara? Every time you're close to me. Every time I even think about you my heart feels like it will beat right out my chest. You do this to me and I know damn well that you feel it too" He says tenderly gripping my hand to his chest, his heart beating erratically.

"And every time I see or even think about you my heart drops to the pit of my stomach" I tell him as he smiles softly stroking my cheek lovingly. "My heart stops in agony Kaden" I finish pulling my hand away from him and leaning against the doors behind me for support.

"All I feel is pain and that Kaden is not fair to me" I tell him defeatedly as I look up at his broken expression. "Please don't do this Amara. I need you" He tells me caging me in between his board frame, placing his arms on either side of my head. He inhales deeply as he leans his head on mine.

"I need you" He whispers against my ear again as I clench my hands nervously. "And I need to be free from you" I whisper softly as tears ran down my face. "I can't do this. You are someone else's mate. You're not mine and I am not yours" I tell him as he growls angrily. 

"You are mine" He seethed angrily grabbing my face with his hands forcing me to look at him. "Mine" he repeats his eyes completely black.

Oh great. This rejection is up to an amazing start.

Hi everyone. I hope you all like the chapter!!

Comment, share, vote, all of this is greatly appreciated. Feedback is always welcomed🖤