Chapter 17

Not going to be naming them anymore, it takes too long to figure something out lol

In addition, sorry for the long wait, I've been thinking over the plot a little more and have decided on the arcs some of the main characters will go through.
The way some of the characters act will change (last chapter being used as an experimental version of this) to better fit their given arcs and overall character, but for the most part they will stay the same, only with some traits more or less emphasised.

———————————————————————-
                                    [Hank]

Hank shot the last grunt in the group he'd found around another corner, he moved hastily past the newly bloodied hallway toward another intersection, he quickly turned left, to find another hall filled with bodies, he turned the other way to confirm. There were indeed more bodies. He let out a small sign of relief, putting his gun back into his holster,
'Finally. We're finished this side of the building.'
He paused for a moment,
'We..?' 
He questioned himself before remembering that Sheriff was meant to be following him, through a haze of memory he could recall leaving them at the medical bay, noting that at some point he got impatient and left.

Hank slowly retraced his steps, though after two turns where he couldn't see anything particularly familiar, he gave up and figured he'd come across something eventually if he kept moving. He found himself becoming concerned at the outbursts of emotion he'd had lately, usually he was able to keep everything down and keep moving. Though, since Sheriff had shown up he'd become a little worse at keeping his anger at bay. Hank wasn't sure where it came from, he was still heavily suspicious about why they came along, but they hadn't really done anything to create a sense of anger toward them, it was just already there. The only thing he could guess to be the reason was sometime when he first got here and they were his primary target. But even then, Sheriff was a coward when it came to fighting and Jebus was his only real challenge. Hank shrugged it off. Maybe Sheriff just had a hidden talent for pissing people off.

He strolled around the eerily quiet building, eventually coming across somewhere which was vaguely familiar, he walked closer to the bloodbath which was at the other end of the hall, realising where he was after recollecting the places he'd gone through.
'This is the place where Sheriff decided to be useful for once, isn't it?'
Remembering how they'd gotten the last grunt into a chokehold, or so he thought. He still wasn't fully convinced that they weren't up to something.

He reached the pile of bodies, looking over all the corpses to see if he could find any sign of something... off about it. At first glance, everything seemed fine, though while he was looking over one of the grunts lying further from him, he swore he could see movement in his peripheral. Hank traced it, staring directly at another grunt. He noted that he couldn't see any bullet wound on this one, furthering his suspicion. He walked over, carefully stepping over another corpse while he kept a close eye on the now unmoving grunt.

Standing in front of them didn't seem to be doing anything to get them to do something, if they were alive at all. But still, he stood there, watching intently for more to happen. Nothing did.
'..Maybe I'm just seeing things.'
He sighed, realising how persistent he was being trying to see a dead body move, bringing to mind what Sanford told him back at the warehouse,
'...I guess I have been obsessing over this a little..'
In a way, he felt bad about it, this whole thing was probably making the other two worried, while he'd been wasting his time trying to prove... what? That Sheriff is making all these small screw-up's? He wasn't even sure he had anything concrete to show for it.

Hank started walking away in the direction he came,
'If they're really here to trick us, they'll let something slip eventually, there's no reason for me to-'
He stopped, was that movement he heard behind him? He shook the thought away,
'Stop that, you're doing it again, they're dead and you know it.'
Hank wanted to keep walking, yet something stopped him,
'But, what if..'