Spending time with Jessica

Brooklyn's Pov

It's been 2 years since Neal and Sara brought Jessica home from the hospital and I love spending time with her, she's so cute. I still can't believe that I'm an aunt now! She just turned two. We moved into a bigger house and it's night time so Tonight she and I were playing in the backyard when a small white dog jumped out of nowhere, barking. It was probably scared that we weren't alone, but it was also pretty funny to look at. We both giggled, looking at each other as if we shared some secret language. 

I looked at her little face and thought about how she looks like her mother, with her big blue eyes and ginger hair and her smile that always seemed to brighten my day when it happened. Then suddenly we heard her scream. She jumped around excitedly and said "Mommy" and began to run towards Sara. Sara picked her up and held her close, smiling and stroking her hair. "Look what Daddy made me!" she exclaimed. She pointed behind us and Sara smiled even more, seeing our new playground. She set Jessica down and then walked over to see what he'd made her. "Oh, it's awesome, baby." 

Me and Sara turned our back for just a second when we heard Jessica screaming and crying. We run towards her and it seemed like she hurt herself. She was on the ground, rubbing her knee and whimpering. We kneel beside her, checking her injuries. I pick her up carefully and take her inside. We lay her down on the couch and start cleaning her scrapes, Sara grabbing medical supplies and bandages. She wraps her leg and tells her not to move. "I want Daddy" Jess says to Sara "I'll go get him" I say going to find my brother I find Neal and tell him that Jess wants him and he goes to check on her. When he walks out into the living room Jess smiles. "Daddy!" she squeals running towards him. "Hey kiddo, you're okay right?" Neal asks picking her up. He kisses her head and holds her tight. "Mhmm, just scraped it really bad, I'm fine." Jess insists. He puts her down and takes a closer look at the scrape. "Yeah, just scraped a bit." he tells his daughter. "Okay good" I say. I walk towards the kitchen and grab an ice pack. "Jess, I think there might be an ice pack or something in the freezer that might help, do you mind helping daddy make your boo boo better?" I ask her. She looks up and nods enthusiastically. 

She sits down next to Neal while I get the bag from the fridge. He places Jessica on his lap and wraps his arms around her. They sit there and I leave them together. When I return with the ice pack and the first aid kit they're talking quietly. "Hey sweetie, are you alright now? Do you want to play with mommy now?" I hear Neal asking "No, Daddy you need to kiss me before I fall asleep again. You know why?" she asks "Why?" he asks "Because, I fell asleep watching cartoons and I want to make sure you don't forget." she explains. "Alright, I won't forget." he promises kissing her forehead. "Goodnight daddy." she says closing her eyes. "Night princess." he replies. I watch them for a few minutes until I hear a loud thud. I look over to see Neal on the floor, holding a broken beer bottle. 

The glass shatters on the hardwood floor and blood starts coming from where the bottle pierced the flesh of his arm. I rush over to him and gently hold his arm as it starts bleeding. I try to call 911 as quietly as possible, because I don't want to wake Jess. I put pressure on the wound and try to stop the bleeding. I hear sirens outside and I turn to see the ambulance pull up. I quickly let go of Neal's arm and stand up. I run to the door and open it. A paramedic comes rushing in and rushes to Neal. "Why are people hurting themselves today?" I ask , my voice cracking. The paramedics immediately go back to work and begin fixing Neal's arm. I start panicking. I have no idea what to do. I've never been in an emergency situation before. I look at the paramedic and he gives me a sympathetic smile. "Are you family?" he asks. "Yes I'm his little sister" I answer. The paramedic smiles and continues to work. 

The paramedics finish working and they take Neal's arm out to inspect it for any fractures. After 10 minutes they decide that all is well and tell me they'll call in a doctor later this afternoon when it's healed and I nod along listening intently. As soon as they leave I collapse against the wall. I slide down the wall to the floor as I cry, covering my mouth to muffle my sobs.