15 - What Could've Been - 1

A RiRi AU

---------------

"Next patient please proceed," Se-ri's secretary tells the waiting patients.

"Hello, Mrs. Seo, please sit lay on the bed. Is daddy with us today?" Se-ri asks her patient.
"This is your first check-up, am I right mommy?"

"Yes this is my first check-up, I'm so excited to see my baby doctor." Her patient, Seo Dan glees.

Se-ri prepares the x-ray machine she'll be using when a tall figure enters the room. He speaks and his voice sends shivers to her spine. "Dan-a I was looking for you out there. Sorry, traffic was a little rough." He tells Dan.

Jeong-hyeok? Is Jeong-hyeok the father? Her Ri Jeong-hyeok? Yes they hadn't been together for the last 5 years, and she had initiated the breakup leaving Jeong-hyeok to study abroad and become a succesful Gynecologist. Her heart still ached, it ached to be loved, loved by Jeong-hyeok. She hadn't moved on and the sight of Jeong-hyeok with another woman she assumed the mother of his child made it a lot more worse. It felt like her heart was beeing sliced into half at this point be.Though she remained professional as she is.

"I see daddy has arrived." Se-ri tells Jeong-hyeok. "I- I'm-" Jeong-hyeok tries to reason but Se-ri doesn't let him. "Please take a seat beside mommy and let's start?"

Jeong-hyeok follows her instructions and sits beside the bed where Dan lays.

Se-ri squeezes out just enough amount of gel and rubs it onto Dan's belly. She works the machine as she tries to find the baby in Dan's womb. She finds the baby and points it to the two that patiently wait. The two awestruck with how such tiny human could bring joy to people. Seo Dan's starts tearing up and Jeong-hyeok starts comforting her.

At this point, Se-ri had to excuse herself to leave. She couldn't handle her emotions from the what ifs in her mind. What if Jeong-hyeok was with her the first time she'd gotten a check-up, what if she didn't leave him five years ago, and what if he knew about their child. Now it was all too late, he was with Dan, carrying his child. Which she had assumed.

Their child, a little 4 year old girl was waiting for her to come back. The child that had yearned for a father figure all the four years of her life. But now her father was with another woman, that was carrying his child. Her heart sore, her eyes wanting to cry out all those tears but couldn't she still had to finish this check-up, then she'll call it a day.

Se-ri returns back to the check-up room and continues on. Prescribing Dan vitamins and giving them newly printed x-ray results. As she was about to wrap things up with Dan and Jeong-hyeok her phone rang. The name tag stating 'Chae-rin's Nanny' she quickly answered, "Hello? Is everything alright Yoona?" She questions.

"Eonnie, we're here outside your clinic, Chae-rin insisted on coming here." Yoona replied.

"Oh, alright stay there I'll finish this up." She tells her. Though she looked normal on the outside, but she was sent into a complete state of nervousness. What was she going to do? She came back to her self when Dan asked her.

"Doctor Yoon, Can we leave now?"

"Oh, wait the x-ray copies. I'll print them out first." Se-ri prints them out and hands it specifically to Jeong-hyeok. "Come back in 2 weeks again, mommy and daddy. Thank you for coming." She bid farewell to the two.

Jeong-hyeok and Dan leave and Se-ri texts Yoona to come into her office now.

Jeong-hyeok was now in Dan's apartment making sure she's safe, after all that was his promise to his brother, Mu-hyeok. That had died 2 months ago in a terrible car crash. Dan also found out she was pregnant a month later which launched Jeong-hyeok into complete protection mode. He wasn't expecting to see Se-ri there. Out of all the doctors in Los Angeles? Se-ri? Really? Yes he still loved Se-ri and he didn't have any grudge for her. All he wanted was to love her once more, if she would give him the chance.

He was looking at the x-ray photos when one particular photo looked seemingly weird. The date was dated back 5 years ago with Yoon Se-ri named as the patient. Was this true, did she really have a child 5 years back? Only one person could answer his questions. Yoon Se-ri.

A/N:
Hello Everyone! Part 15! 10 more days 'till Christmas! Was dying to write this short AU of RiRi since it's been living in my mind for days. Hope all of you enjoy it! I'd like to thank all of you for supporting me. Especially Grace0632. Thank you all so much! Encourages me more to write!

Again, votes, feedback, suggestions, and comments are deeply appreciated.

'Till the next.
Love you all!