II

What makes you strong?

 I flipped through another page of one of my books as I giggled at stupid things I had stumbled across. The sound of Violet's boxing gloves crashing into the flat metal disk with Mylo's face bounced off the walls around their little hideout. The high score board trying its best to keep up with her steady increasing punches, it wasn't like it even needed too. Violet was the only one on the board. We used to all take turns but then Violet would beat them in a matter of seconds. It was really only Claggor and her who even use it anymore.

 "Remind me why we bother with this dump" Mylo asked while he picked at his nose.

 "Vander said to lay low. Enforcers never come down here, so this is as good a place as any." Violet answered tapping her gloves together, warming herself up for another round.

 "Oh, what's the matter Mylo? You worried Powder's gonna beat you again?" Claggor joked about Mylo and his little gun target game.

 "Hey, if she didn't keep fixing these things, I wouldn't keep missing!" Mylo defended.

 "All I hear is excuses!" I shouted from my spot on the couch across the room. Powder popped up from behind the gun bar as if on que. She had her ways of showing her strengths, and I feel like Mylo was just jealous of Powders intelligence at such a young age. She plugged in a few more cord before half my face light up in color. I guess she got the target practice up and running again.

 "You guys know I wouldn't take you on a job you couldn't handle, right?" Violet asked unsure how everyone felt with her leader skills

 "Are you kidding? That was the best job we've ever done." Mylo said taking a break from missing all his shots. "Maybe just don't take Powder next time." He added while she finished loading her gun with its bouncy ball bullets.

 "Um..." Claggor groaned knowing Mylo had ticked her off and he was only going to be more upset in a few moments. Powder lifted the gun before she aimed down her sights. I lowered my book at this, I always loved watching Powder dominate Mylo at his own games!

PING – PING – PING – PING

 She hit every target's bullseye. Listening to their satisfying spins and clicks as the balls bounced off the wooden cut outs that zoomed across the practice area. Only to stop once she ran out of bullets, her head snapping to Mylo to give him the signature disgusted face he loved to tease her with before walking away over to her arcade machine. I went back to reading my book; only it was harder now that the noise from outside was growing.

 I went back to reading my book; only it was harder now that the noise from outside was growing