XII

Nothing is impossible

I currently sat in my room - the one I shared with Silco. My arms wrapped around my knees pulling them closer to my chest so I could rest my head. My thoughts racing wild over the information it had just received less than 3 hours ago. Violet...was alive? It's been nearly 8 years since we've seen her! Where has she been the whole time? Did she resent Jinx and me? Did she even know Jinx and I were still alive? When Sevika came into the room all bloodied dropping that bomb on us, I had to force myself to leave the room; no able to listen to her talking about beating Violet.

"Oh Vi..." I sniffled trying to calm my nerves. What will Jinx do when she finds out? Oh god, I can't tell her Violet's alive! There is no telling how she will react! A soft knock brought me back to reality as I wiped any stray tears before letting the stranger know they could enter - It was Silco.

"There you are" he almost sighed out as he made his way into the room and over to the side of the bed. "-after Sevika started talking you just left"

"I'm sorry, I...I just wasn't expecting to hear... the girl I looked after like a sister has been alive this whole time..." his right hand reached out to rest on mine as he just sat there taking in the silence.

"That... makes 2 of us" my brows raised, and I turned to him confused. "- I haven't heard about Jinx's sister Vi in yea-"

"Wait? So you were actively looking for information on Violet?" I questioned as my brain hooked onto the words he said.

"Of course, we never found her body that nig-"

"She was never found?!" Silco's eyes seemed to widen a bit at my outburst. "What the actual fuck, Silco! You never found her body that night, really?! Why didn't you ever say something, that's kind of big!" I shouted brushing his hand from mine as I glared at him. He only tilted his head to his right and sighed at my reaction.

"It would have caused unnecessary issues with you and Jinx"

"Leave"

"Pho-"

"Leave, now. I don't know who you think you are Silco; but you don't keep information like that from me of all people!" I shouted my eyes never leaving his as his seemed to scan mine; trying to find any reason to stay. A heavy sigh left his body in defeat as he turned on his heels to the door.

"...we don't tell Jinx" with those final words he left me alone. My eyes stared locked on the closed door - he knew...he knew there was a chance of Violet being alive...and he kept it from me...he knew.

Awe, and to think you love him

Trusted him with your life and he couldn't even trust you with this...

Oh but he trust Sevika, he will always trust Sevika

118

He was right however, how would I even begin to tell her? Would I just tell her straight up - could her brain handle that information? What if this newfound knowledge sends her back down that rabbit hole as a child? I shook my head trying my best to rid my mind of its racing thoughts as I kicked my legs over the side of the bed looking down at the wooden floors. Did Silco really understand what he was telling me to do? Another sigh left my body as I rolled my eyes. When has doubting him ever solved anything...he always had a reason, a plan; why question it now?

I wrapped my arms tighter around myself as I walked down the halls of the last drop - the memories from my younger years creeping back up to haunt me. It seemed Sevika and Silco had both left along side a few handfuls of henchmen. I let my eyes trace the cracks in the wood around me as I absentmindedly made my way to the bar; the sound of light music calming my nerves as I entered.