XIV

SAVE THEM!

(3rd PERSON POINT OF VIEW)

"Will you be, okay? I'll be right back" Violet questioned as she rested Caitlyn against a wall in an alley giving her knee a soft pat, after managing to escape the chaos that unfolded on the bridge.

"Okay" Caitlyn whispered out knowing Vi was more than likely running back to the bridge in hopes of finding her sisters. Unfortunately for her she wasn't the 1st one to make it back down the blooded pavement.

Silco had learned of Jinx and Phoenix taking care of his bridge problem – just like he asked of them, but when he arrived his face fell. His eyes locking with the corpse of his enforcer Marcus before trailing over all the other dead blue uniforms. The two goons he brought staring in shock as well; two girls did this? Only to jump slightly as their boss took off running.

"Jinx!" her blue hair was unmistakable. He quickly ran over to his beloved child falling to his knees at the sight of her; bloodied and bruised. His trembling hands only worsening as he noticed she was laying on someone else, almost protecting them as he moved Jinx slightly into his lap his eyes only grew duller. Jinx was covering Phoenix's almost lifeless body. A large wound stretched across a quarter of her face not allowing him to see what the damage fully is as it was all covered in blood. Silco couldn't comprehend what he was seeing, because not only was Jinx injured but so was Phoenix. The two people that meant the world to him, now laid helpless almost discarded across a bridge. Silco's breathing only becoming uneven. Why had Jinx stayed to protect Phoenix? Why didn't she run at get him?! As he scooped Jinx into his arms, Phoenix's hand was able to unfold revealing the bright blue gemstone.

Violet pushed her body against a nearby wall hoping to avoid the wall of enforcers speeding down the bridge. Her plans to see if she could meet up with Phoenix and Jinx quickly went out the window, her only choice was to return to the injured Caitlyn. As Violet got closer, she noticed a shocked Caitlyn who turned the empty canister towards her.

"It's gone..."

"What?" Violet snapped staring into the metal cylinder in shock.

"It was all for nothing" Caitlyn finished. Violet turned back to the bridge her eyes growing as she hoped maybe Ekko had the stone. A goon gabbed Jinx's minigun while the other was instructed to carry Phoenix. The wall of enforcer stopped at their barricade staring at the 3 men and the 2 injured women, doing nothing as the leader of the group turned his back to them walking away with the sight of large blue braid swinging at his feet.

~

"Just open the widow and help me up" Caitlyn instructed Violet. The pink haired adult only sighed it wasn't like she hadn't broken into a residence before – but last time she broke into one of the weather sides the building exploded. Violet slide the large window open before kicking her legs over to get inside looking around the empty room before bending over to pull Caitlyn up, helping her walking into the center of the large bedroom.

145

"Who lives here? Another Councilor friend of yours?" Violet asked only to have the dual wooden doors nearly kicked off their hinges as a woman with a rifle came bursting in. The pink and the dark blue haired adults only stared in shock at the older woman, noticing an older blue haired man running up behind her.

"Caitlyn!" she shouted lowering her rifle as she stared at her daughter and a pink haired stranger in shock, her eyes not leaving the stranger.

"Oh. We were so worried. Thank goodness you're safe!" her father cheered dashing into the room to pull his only daughter into a hug, staring down with loving eyes; not even noticing the stranger.