XV

NO-NO-NO!

Silco stared out a large glass window glancing around at the disarray the room had been in, a sigh leaving his lips as he had yet to find the two girls, he always ended up saving. Sevika kicked at the litter behind him as she stomped around.

"Been a while since topside's gotten this bold"

"Say what you want about the late Sheriff. He had his uses. Otherwise Phoenix would have killed him sooner" Silco muttered his fingers collecting some of his now useless Shimmer off the broken glass window.

"Too bad Jinx didn't think so" this caused Silco to sigh, why did she always have to bring her dislike for Jinx into things.

"We'll buy another"

"You gonna do anything about that piece of shit that murdered my boy?" Baron Voss shouted as she laid thrown over her young son, whom they found dead once they arrived. It seemed a Councilor and Violet had come to destroy one of his Shimmer manufacturers - to bad it was only one and it was a small factory. "Let me guess, "Jinx will take care of it" Or better yet your precious little bird! Just like they've been taking care of everything else!" she spat glaring up at the man before her who seemed to slow little to no sympathy.

"We all mourn the loss of your son, Renni. At least, we have the solace of knowing he died fighting for our cause, instead of some petty personal dispute as soften occurs here." Silco offered the closeted thing to an apology as he could muster.

"You're one to talk about sacrificing for the cause. Where are those two anyhow?" she spat, to which Silco only turned his head ignoring her question.

"Help her with the body" he ordered to Sevika before marching away. She released a low sigh as her eyes peered over to Finn who glared at her idiotically while he flicked his lighter.

~

Silco made his way back to The Last Drop heeding Sevika's words on how they would come to him when it was time; even if it pained him to sit and wait. He scanned over small papers as he twirled the glass of whiskey in his hand listening to the two ice cubes bounce off each other.

"I'm busy" he spoke aloud as his door creaked open and he didn't hear the sound of joyful teen or the soft clumsy steps of the red-haired he wished for only growing impatience and upset as Finn, Sevika, and Baron Voss walked into his office. Were they deaf? Did they not hear him tell them his was busy? Sevika pulled up a chair dusting it off for Finn to plop down in as he flicked his lighter, Voss standing off behind him. Silco's eyes dragged over to Sevika as she made her way behind him - what in the world was she doing?

"When you took Vander out of play. I thought, "Now here's a man who understands what it takes to run an enterprise." The attitude, the instinct, the eye, the whole package, you were - even had a loyal piece at your side, always two steps ahead the both of you...but time's lapped you, old man." Finn

156

glared as he flicked his lighter shut. Silco squeezed his glass tighter at the mention of Phoenix being referred to as a 'eye candy' the thought made him sick. 'Why did men love to refer to her as an object? Such is the mind of a child I guess' Silco scoff at his thought trying to fight back his laughter.

"You're with him, are you?" Silco questioned taking a chug from his glass as his eyes darted to Voss.

"You screwed up, Silco." He slammed empty glass down on his desk wiping away liquor from his lips as his blood began to boil and his heart began to race. 'What were they planning?' Silco thought as his eyes darted between them before falling on Finn.