VI

Is it just some silly teenage crush?

I couldn't remember what time I had fallen asleep, but I knew it was late. Sevika and I stayed up all night training again - without firework; Sevika didn't want to be anywhere near it. The thought was amusing to me to say the very least. I wiped the sleep from my eyes as I pulled myself from my bed; to start my daily routine.

I ruffled the towel through my wet curls watching them bounce back to life. My brown eyes staring back at me from the mirror - maybe I should cut it? No. I remember trying to get Jinx to cut it a little shorter for me to manage and she almost had a breakdown. I knew she wanted to keep hers long, but she won't even let me try to cut mine now. My eyes trailed down my petite frame as it was littered in small scars from my many challenges missions as well as stupid childhood ideas. I dropped the towel from my hair to my shoulders as I brushed my teeth before the bathroom door was thrown open; Sevika came marching in.

"What are your plans later today?" I raised a brow at her sudden question while I stood basically naked before her - only thing covering me was the towel draping over my shoulders and my black boyshorts.

"Uhm...whatever Silco tells me?" I narrowed my eyes at her. She only clicked her tongue at my answer. What was she expecting me to say? I did the same thing almost every day.

"You are free today, wanna go somewhere?"

"Go some- Where are you trying to go?"

"-so that's a, yes?"

"Sevika I'm not agreeing to something I know nothing about..."

"That's a shame, get dressed we are leaving around 7 so you have plenty of time to do whatever you want before then" she finished before leaving me to finish my morning routine - could she be any less confusing?

I got dressed in a black tank with a pair of dark blue overalls, the straps hanging at my hips since I had no care to actually wear them. I slipped on some simple black sneakers before heading to the kitchen just in time to see a few henchmen trying to raid the fridge. Once they spotted me, they all quickly apologized before disappearing from my sight. It was an unspoken rule for no one to be in the kitchen while I was in it - it prevented any unwanted disasters. I made myself something quick to eat before making Jinx something small nocting the time was a little after 12pm and she was normally up early in the morning with Silco. She really looked up to him like a father and I found it adorable.

"Jinx?" I knocked at her door and to my surprise Urgot answered it. I bite my lower lip to keep from bursting into tears at the sight of his face. There he was, this 6ft monster of a man wearing bright lipstick, eyes shadow and false lashes. His eyes trailed down to me much to his dismay. Only for me to burst into laughter in his face.

52

"Oh Phoenix is that you?" Jinx giggled skipping up behind Urgot with a large smile plastered across her face. "Don't you think Urgot is pretty?" she asked causing the large man to groan out of annoyance. He looked so unhappy with his situation but knew if he did anything to make Jinx upset, he would have to explain to Silco why she is upset; and if Urgot made her cry - well I'm glad to say its never happened.

"Oh yeah, he looks fantastic" she smiled even harder at my answer.

"See I told you! You look amazing!" he rolled is eyes at her words. "Anyways, why did you stop by?" she questioned shifting her attention fully on me.

"Oh! Yeah, I came to see if you were hungry, I made you a small plate of snacks. Also I was wondering if you needed me for anything today?"

"Awesome!" she cheered as she grabbed the plate from my hands quickly going to town on the mini sandwiches. "-and uhm, no I think I'm okay. Silco said he was free today, so he was gonna take me shopping for new clothes" she finished as she offered some of her snacks to Urgot who happily took a sandwich; he was never one to turn down free food. I sighed honestly hoping she would ask me to stay with her, but it was fine.