V

If something were to happen to you...I'd freak!

I couldn't believe two years had gone by in a blink of an eye. I was now 23 - my long red curly hair seemed to only be longer, which I kept in two tight space buns otherwise they cascade down my mid back in a curly mess. I had just finished up another training session with Sevika. I beat her for the first time six months ago, and when I did, I felt amazing! She pulled herself off the ground to congratulated me and declare we would keep training; since even though I won that fight I was all over the place. She just wanted to make sure I was ready for anything that could be thrown at me, but after I won that day Silco had called me into his office a week later to start giving me missions, and now I wish I didn't win that fight...

I hardly had any free time now thanks to Silco. 'I need you Phoenix, I can't trust the others with these missions...blah blah blah'. Jinx was now 10 years-old, her hair now in two braids and reaching just past her shoulders blades. I yawned as I made my way into Silco's office not bothering to knock seeing as it was cracked slightly- signaling he was free. Jinx's colorful drawings signaling which room like neon signs. He spent most of his free time within this small dimly lit room; and just like I said there he sat. He was sitting in his chair as his hands trembled to A-line the golden injection rig with his pupil. I knocked softly on his door seeing how he seemed in deep thought, resulting in him jumping in his seat slightly; and here he was telling us to always knock.

"I didn't see you there Phoenix"

"Ha, I can tell. You nearly jumped out your skin" he rolled his eyes at my comment and sat back in his seat while he rubbed his forehead with a free hand, since his other remained locked around the eye device. "What is that? If you don't mind me asking?" he looked from my gaze to his hand.

"This? I guess you could say its...my medication, it helps with my thoughts" I tilted my head to my side a bit at his explanation. It wasn't a very detailed one, but it was enough to satisfy my question for the time being. I nodded at his answer before I took another small step inside.

"Would you like help by chance?" I asked slipping my hands behind my back. He glanced once more between the device and me, before he let it slip from his grasp and across the desk before him. I skipped into the office and over to his desk. I grabbed the small golden object from the desk and went around to the back of his chair, spinning him in his spot. His blue eye along with his toxin orange one looked up to follow my every move; I couldn't help the blood that rushed to my face. Why the hell did he have to stare at me so intensely!

"Don't be scared. Aim for my pupil, you wont hurt me" he seemed to sense my growing anxiety. I grabbed ahold of his face with my left hand to hold him steady, the device twirling in my right. I readied the metal above his eye, but then my brain started to race. What if you miss? What if you make him blind! "Phoenix, listen to me...deep breath" his left hand reaching up to grab my left wrist. I closed my eyes to calm my nerves; of course he wouldn't let you do this if he thought you would harm him. Once I was calm enough, I opened my eyes to ready the metal once more. He released a deep breath as well and at that very moment I pressed the button sending the hidden syringe it held into his eye. His right hand gripped into his chair as his left hand released his grip not wanting to harm me as he hissed out.

My eye widen at his natural human response to pain. His hiss sending a shiver of delight up my spine. I glanced down at the object in my hand. The tip of it still fresh with the serum. What was that feeling I

46

just experienced. I was 23 so it wasn't like I was unaware of sex and attraction - I have had my fair share of men; but my point is I've never looked at Silco in that kind of way. It wasn't like he was ugly, no. Silco was far from such a word. He was devilishly tall, his hair never seeing a bad day in its life, his alluring gaze would have any women weak at their knees, and the way he treated Jinx over the years proved he was a caring and gentle person when he wanted to be. However Silco just didn't give off 'date me' vibes. It felt like a waste to even develop feelings- just like every other female who worked under him. Everyone just had this unspoken agreement to reject their lustful feelings towards Silco.