XIII

So...the Owl can read a clock, congrats

(VIOLET'S POINT OF VIEW)

I don't remember when I woke up or how long I had been tied up, but I did know two things – 1: I wasn't alone, I could hear Caitlyn's struggled gasps to break free from her chains and 2: who ever had brought us here really tried their best to prevent any harm to us. I was certain once I was knocked out, I was going to wake up in prison again or worse being forced to sit through another long round of questioning. I couldn't see much through the bag over my head – only wished it blocked my ears too at times.

"I knew it was a mistake trusting you" a small hint of distress in her voice. I didn't know if it was because of our situation or my run in with my 'long lost family members' that had her upset.

"You've been a real picnic yourself" I'd roll my eyes if I could but it wasn't like she could see them so it wouldn't make much of a difference.

"I'm not the one who walked us into, not one, but TWO of Silco's traps" she replied before pulling at her chains once more.

"This isn't Silco, it's someone else" if it had been Silco we would be dead, or did she forget he sent Shimmer freaks on us – or at least maybe? Would Jinx and Phoenix really let him kill me?

"How do you know?" she questioned quickly.

"-Cause we'd already be dead"

"Oh, very nice. When were you planning to tell me that your lunatic sisters work for him?"

"Just as soon as you came clean about what the hell you're really doing down here!"

"I told you the truth!"

"Bullshit. What was that glowing stone?" I waited for her answer only to receive an annoyed sigh. "That's what I thought" our bickering would have to continue another day as the sound of metal creaking open caught our attention.

"What's going on?" Caitlyn's fear-stricken voice spoke out, but before I could try to ask or get anything from the strangers. I felt large arms grab under my arms pulling me to my feet – more like yanking me.

"Hey, stop! Get you hands off of me!" I shouted wanting nothing more than to start swinging on them, but my hands were still bound behind my back.

"Leave her alone!"

"Let me go!"

"Vi? Vi! VI!" I heard her muffled screams growing fainter as they shut the door to the room that held us both, now separating us. I was shoved and forced to keep moving for a while until we entered another room. The large hands that had brought me here then shoved me to my knees before the bag over my head was roughly removed as well. I blinked away my blurry vision trying to quickly

132

recover my eyes, looking up to see a bat vastaya – Scar. His green eyes stared down into my blue ones with hate. He huffed his chest trying to calm himself before walking over to another masked stranger sitting in a chair – the Owl.

"Hey" the bat gave the masked man a light shove only for him to wave him out. Okay, so the Owl is in charge, and he ordered me to me brought here; got it, but why? One the loud metal door creaked to a close I'd expected the masked person to jump to their feet, revealing their master plan but instead he just sat there staring at me through the holes of the mask. My patience was growing thin – this fucking guy.

  "You shy? Or just ugly?" I broke our silence, almost biting my tongue when he jumped to his feet. His fist squeezed around a metal pipe I didn't even notice him holding before he turned to rest the long metal against his chair. I calmed my nerves as he made his way closer, his hands slowly moving up to his mask. A loud hiss was heard as he released the lock that held the mask to his face before more into the light. My jaw nearly hit the ground as my eyes landed on the person before me.