Chapter 5 - Capture

"What do you mean you do not know where we are? You said you would be able to figure it out once we got over the ocean!" I whined as Tsu'tey climbed to the top of a high tree, how did he even do that? The branches were 13 feet off the ground! I furrowed my brows and jumped as high as I could, barely managing to reach the bottom branch. "WAIT FOR ME!"

He looked down and burst out laughing. "You look dumb!"

"Shut up!" Who was I kidding? I could not do a pull up to save my life. At this point he had already climbed to the top of the tree with ease, he scouted carefully for any evidence of his homeland.

"Do you see anything you recognize?!" I shouted, but something else took my attention away from  Tsu'tey. My ears cocked back as a quiet whistling sound echoed through the air. Out of nowhere I was hit off of the tree branch by something locking onto my ankles. I fell to the ground as the air was knocked out of my lungs. I could not breath.
"Tsahey!" I wheezed.

I closed my eyes, trying to force the air back into my body

I closed my eyes, trying to force the air back into my body. After a few seconds I was successful, once I opened them I realized there were giant blue-green natives surrounding me with spears.
"I am not a threat!" I yelled, putting my hands up. This alerted Tsu'tey who was too far above to hear me fall, he looked down and yelled at them.

"Hey! Back away!" He jumped down the tree and got in between us, the natives snared at him with malice.

"Why are you with that creature? What is it?" The alleged party leader asked cautiously.

"She is like us! She has been underground for a very long time. Her peoples appearance may be different then ours, but we are all children of Eywa!" He shouted menacingly.

They looked at me again, this time with curiosity.

"Trust me, she could not cause you harm even if she wanted to, she is very weak." He smirked.

My jaw dropped. "How rude.." I mumbled.

They slowly lowered their weapons. These people looked slightly like Tsu'tey but their clothes were made of what seemed to be fishing net. Their skin was greener, and they were more muscular with bigger tails for swimming. Unlike me they did not have gills though. He did not seem to know them, at least not personally. There must be tons of different tribes up on the surface. Tsu'tey gestured for me to stand up, not even giving a hand to help. I tried, but realized quickly that my feet were bound with a strange vine, I glared at him.

"Skxawng." I said as I unwrapped it.

He scoffed and picked me up by the arm and set me upright.

I clicked my tongue at him aggressively.

He shrugged it off. He seemed so worried before... but now he is acting like nothing happened.

"Why are you here?" One of the natives asked.
She had long curly black hair and her skin was covered with dark intricate markings that reminded me of the waves.