Chapter 10 - Journey to the Plains

Awa'iti's POV

As I immersed myself into the peoples history, I could not help but get distracted at Tsu'tey's angry expression. What could possibly be so horrible about us being descended from the sky walkers, then again I was not there when they attacked...

"Look at this." I heard Neytiri say to Jake.

She held out a picture of a very clear depiction of the skywalkers holding hands with a type of humanoid creature I had never seen before, they came in all different types of colors! Red, green, and purple like me... so it was true, the skywalkers had been here before, and what is more, there were other humanoid creatures who existed during that time.

"That is odd..." Tsu'tey said as he picked up another picture. "It looks like you." He said showing it to me, the illustration showed a beautiful and powerful woman with bright glowing hair, holding up her fist as people gathered around worshipping her. She had a type of confidence that I would never be able to hold.

"Not really." I shrugged.

"Ahh AHH! I found it!" Mo'at said, while running over to me with a very old looking stone. It had a large tree in the middle with ten writings to the side, the first one stated. "The land unseen by salt, what is that supposed to mean!!"

"The plains of the direhorse?" Neytiri tried.

"That is the only place around here that I can think of that has no salt waters." Tsu'tey added.

"We have been there before, they have a tree of souls." Neytiri stated.

"How far is it?" I asked.

"Half a days ride on ikran."

"On what?"

"Ikran, they're flying beasts." Jake said while staring intently at the picture.

Looking at him I did not know what to think. He had an extra finger and toe and his torso was thicker than any other Na'vi I have come across, not to mention his jaw was square. Let us not forget those catipillars above his eyes! His features were so different from the others, then again so were mine.

He looked up into my eyes and I turned away quickly, it was his smell that disturbed me the most. Everyone else smelled like the trees and the dirt, but him, he just smelt off.

"Okay, then let's go get 'em right?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Neytiri's POV

As we walked back to our settlement I felt uneasy, something was stirring in my stomach. I held out my hand to my mother as everyone went ahead, I looked at her with confusion. Her eyes widened as she looked down at my belly.

"You have been blessed with the life of another."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Awa'iti's POV

"Tsu'tey why do you seem so down these days?" I asked, while sitting beside him at supper.

He looked at me with solemn eyes and then shoved some mushrooms into my mouth. I choked and smacked him as I reached for my water.

"My Ikran, Ngakau Toa was killed during the battle with the skywalkers."

I coughed and chugged down some water. "Oh, I see. I'm sorry."

"I was not even there when she died, I do not know what happened to her."

I looked down at my food and sighed. "Neytiri already told me about it, she said you were planning on going to the floating mountains tomorrow morning. I know it must be tough, that is why I decided I am going too!" I said while smiling.