Chapter 24- The Last Battle

We watched as hundreds of wings cast shadows throughout the sky, our reinforcements were here. Esnä had succeeded in gathering the clans as Toruk Makto, but wait... was that Jake riding next to him? And the boy flying with him... oh dear. It was my brother.

I yelled with fear and smacked Tsu'tey until he looked at where I was pointing, he looked just as confused as I did.

"He looks like you.." He commented.

"Thank you Captain obvious!" I replied loudly, "He is my brother! Why is he here..." I began to breathe shakily as the memories of my past came back to me. The cold stare that my brother always gave me, the lack of love in my childhood, and worse of all, the secrets they kept from me.

As hundreds of Na'vi landed their Ikrans the ground shook, direhorses could be seen for miles around, but all I could do was stare into my brothers cold eyes.

For just one second, I shifted my gaze to give Jake a sinister glare, he looked down unsteadily and sighed hard.

Nawkey and Esnä dismounted the last shadow guiltily, by the looks on all of their faces it was clear they knew who Esnä was, probably more so than me and Tsu'tey did.

"Why have you come here!" I cruelly asked my brother. Even though his eyes were cold like they once were, there was something different about him. Perhaps a spark that I did not notice before. A softness that was foreign to my eyes.

He furrowed his brows and plopped off of Bobs back while stretching for an embarrassing amount of time. "I came here under Father's orders, he told me to bring you back home."

I scoffed and angrily began throwing rocks and sticks at him that I picked up off the ground.

"Ois!" He yelled in reply.

"You must be crazy if you think for one second that I would believe that crap! He hates me! Why would he ever want me back? You came across the ocean for what? For me?! Horse shit!" Tears began to well up in my eyes as the words flowed from my lips. The other Na'vi within ear distance shifted uncomfortably at our family drama.

He gave me a stern look. "We need to talk Awa'iti, I know you are upset. I will explain everything."

Tsu'tey grabbed into my shoulder gently, releasing me from my trance. I nodded my head slowly and gestured for him and the others to follow me to a secluded cave within the mountains.
——

"First I want to say that you have a lot of explaining to do Esnä." I pointed at him accusingly.

"You're right." He laughed and held up his hands, he explained to me and Tsu'tey who he was, and that the legend of the song was true, that he was Eywa's lover. He told us of how he killed the old gods and absorbed their power, and how he used an evil ritual to bring Eywa back to life after she had been murdered. All of it was so overwhelming.

"So why can you not just go back to her?" Tsu'tey asked.

Esnä shook his head. "Every person has a price to pay for using dark magic, my price was to forever be shackled to the earth, while she was imprisoned in the heavenly realm, at one point in time the natives of this land and the gods had a passageway to be able to move through the heavens and the lands freely, but when the ritual was performed that pathway was closed. It is my curse to know she is alive, and that I cannot be with her.

"A passageway?" I questioned, I do not think the song mentioned that.

"Yes" Esnä said while smiling, "the bridge between the heavens and land was open to anyone, that was one of the reasons it was so easy to take the wills of the old gods."