When the love is real, it finds a way

I noticed Jasmine has been quite quiet. She’s hardly been touching her food and she’s not even talking much or laughing at our jokes. Something’s up, but what?

“Jas? You okay?” I asked her as we got up to her room. I asked Riley earlier that I needed to talk to her alone, and she went to Niall’s room.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just tired” She replied, but I could see right through her lie.

“Jas, I can tell that you’re lying”

“There’s nothing wrong Lou! I’m fine” Her voice rose a bit, but she realized and put her hands on her face. “I’m sorry” She apologized.

“Don’t worry about it. I just thought we wouldn’t have to keep anything between each other” I pulled her onto my lap. “You don’t have to tell if you don’t want to”

She rested her head in the crook of my neck and closed her eyes as he sighed deeply. “I have to leave Louis”

My eyes got wide, “What? But it’s still summer” I pointed out.

“I know, but I got into this program at college and they want me to start college a bit earlier”

“What? But why?”

“They only accept like fifty people to join, and I was able to be part of it”

“When do you have to leave?”

“Tomorrow afternoon”

“Wow” I looked down at her. “Congrats Jas” I was managed to say. I held onto her tightly, inhaling her beautiful scent as she nuzzled into my neck even more. We sat there for a while longer before there was a knock on the door.

“I’ll go see who it is” I said as I got up.

I opened the door to see Riley standing in the doorway.

“Hey Riley, what are you doing here so early?”

“Early? It’s nearly midnight, and I need to sleep”

“Can’t you stay with Niall?” I asked sweetly.

“No” She snapped and walked in.

“Jas? You okay?” She asked.

Jasmine nodded but didn’t respond.

“You can leave now” Riley snapped at me.

“I’ll see you tomorrow Jas” I kissed her before walking out.

I wonder why Riley was so mad.

Jasmine’s POV

“Why were you so mad at him?” I asked Riley as Louis walked out.

“I’m not mad at him”

“You seemed pretty mad”

“Whatever. I need to go to sleep”

“Riley, what’s wrong? Did something happen with Niall?”

She looked down and rubbed the back of her head. “I was asking him how we’re going to last when I go to college. He’ll have a bunch of girls crowding over him, and he’ll be traveling to many places, and I won’t be with him and stuff. And I’m not a fan of long-distant relationships, as you already know. So he told me to not go to college and come on tour with him. And when I declined, he started shouting at me and telling me that I’m not helping with the relationship, and when I asked him what he meant, he said that we should break up” She answered as she started to cry.

“Oh my; Riley, I’m so sorry” I came to her and hugged her tightly. She hugged back.

“Wanna watch a movie, to get away from this?” I asked her.