2. "shit, i've been looking for this."

V I D E S T A

Sixteen hours and fifteen minutes– that's how long the flight from Moscow to New Orleans was. Nineteen minutes– that's how long it took me to get from the airport to Tulane. Two hours– that's how fucking long I'd been waiting to get into my dorm room since Alexis picked me up from the airport and decided I needed to go shopping with her, Nomie, Tyla and Ingrid.

Not only did she force me to go shopping, but when we got back to campus, she made me put my goddamn cigarette out knowing my anxiety was acting up. But oddly enough, although I couldn't remember exactly when my anxiety stopped acting up, it did. I felt this unexpected blanket of comfort and I wanted to stay in it forever. I didn't even know where it came from, but suddenly I didn't need the cigarette. I even searched around the campus courtyard to see if I was losing it, but of course, Alexis so desperately wanted to leave to get ready for the stupid frat party later.

Wrapped in my towel, I walked over to my closet in search of something to wear. I was never a fan of big crowds, parties or loud music, but I was forcing myself to stop being so socially awkward. Growing up in Russia with a mafia boss for a father did me no justice in the friends department. Everyone was always so scared of my father and I. Thought that if they got close enough, my father or I would put a bullet through their head. That may have been the case with him, but it wasn't for me. I was forced into this life, not accepting of it.

After a few minutes in my closet, I slipped into a long sleeve black mini dress with a plunging neckline, sheer stockings and ankle black heel boots. I don't think I wear anything, but black. Not because I don't look nice in anything else, but because I don't feel like myself in anything else. I applied some Sable Smoke nude matte lipstick by Tom Ford, black liquid liner and cocoa eye shadow. Deciding to let my hair air dry to wear my natural waves tonight, I fished through my closet for a clutch to go with my outfit.

"This'll have to do." I pulled out a black leather clutch with gold strap.

Shooting Alexis a text that I was ready, the random feeling of comfort rushed back so fast I dropped all of my shit. When I opened the door, the most beautiful man I had ever seen was standing at there with his hand in a fist, ready to knock. He dropped his hand to his side. Too stunned to speak, I took him in from top to bottom shamelessly and back up. I noticed he did the same.

Our eyes met and the cocky motherfucker smirked. He was well aware of how good he looked and was even more aware of my ogling. I needed to say something before I melted into a puddle of embarrassment.

"Hi, are you lost?" I asked in the calmest voice I could manage.

He exhaled and closed his eyes...not sure why, but I took the time to continue staring and wow, he really was beautiful. Unruly dark brown hair atop his head, thick eyebrows hovering over his chocolate brown almond eyes, pink soft lips, a jawline so sharp it could cut the tension between us. He had a cute beauty mark above his lip too. My eyes involuntarily trailed down his body. His buttons were open just enough for my imagination to wander. He had delicious veins trailing down his arms to his hand with a number of rings that accentuated his thick fingers. His choice of clothing made him all the more attractive...

Who the fuck was this sex God?

"Beautiful." His voice, smooth like butter snapped me out of my trance.

It was only then that I realized how close he was to me. He leaned against my door with an amused expression on his stupid handsome face. I'd never been one at a loss for words, nor had I ever had or allowed anyone in my space the way he was, let alone a man. Especially not since my ex and I ended things last year.