10. august 12, 2012 pt. 2

T H I R D
P E R S O N

An hour and fifteen minutes later, Eva was tied to the opposing chair. She was still unconscious with her raging bloody gash painted beautifully across the top part of her face. He sat in her chair waiting for her to wake up. The chair where she'd conversed, judged and written things about him. Things he was sure were mostly vile and definitely would be frowned upon if seen by said client. Although, Hakan was pretty sure all therapists were like this. Judged more than they had actually helped. He'd been through more therapists than women in his 13 years of living, which pained him because contrary to popular belief, he loved women, he just had yet to understand the species.

He didn't mean to be so nosey so soon as Eva sat there immobile, but there her session notes were...Sitting right in front of him, calling out to him like a siren. The impulsive side of Hakan began to come forth as he picked up the beige notepad. Opening it was like opening Pandora's box; because no matter how much he knew he shouldn't, he was going to do it anyway. So he sat, reading through as many of her notes about their sessions and him as he could tolerate, because as he thought, he was right...Vile.

Halfway through skimming and mentally jotting down some notes of his own, Eva stirred. Not even needing to look up at her, he could feel her confusion and agony. Did he care? Not in the slightest. Why would he when he was just a "troubled child with no sense of direction and lack of social skills,".

Eva was about as conscious and aware as she could be after being struck with a skateboard. Finally somewhat alert to her surroundings, she realized she was bound and now a victim to the impulsive and unbalanced side Hakan had that he rarely ever showed. When she looked up from herself to him, she realized her session notes were in his hand. The shock that now invaded her mind was not shock that he had found or read it, but the shock that he would now take everything she had meant to help him and throw it out of context. She could never read Hakan, but for the first time she was scared of him and for him at the same time. She knew speaking would do nothing, so she sat there and allowed him to take in and digest her writings the way he needed to. She had had many sessions with him and knew that when he had something to say, he'd eventually say it.

-

About two hours or so later, Hakan had sat there reading through her notes in silence whilst she sat there with a raging headache and a dry mouth. She couldn't take the silence nor the suspense much longer. She wasn't even sure how he could. She was impatient to say the least, but she also felt bad that Hakan had to read all of the things she'd thought of him that she never said. Because not all of them were pleasant.

"Ha-Hakan," her voice unrecognizable. "It's been almost four hours. It's going eight o'clock and my fiance will be wondering where I am. Please tell me what you're thinking. What's going on?"

A chuckle escaped him. It was laced with pure sarcasm, but surprisingly no anger still. Almost as if he knew something she didn't. He finally closed it and placed it on the table in front of him as she has done many times before. Licking her lips to gain some moisture, he tilted his head. She watched him arise from his seat towards the refrigerator. He stood in front of her, opening a cold water bottle and putting it to her lips. Tilting her head back, she took several gulps from it until it was halfway finished.

"Thank you."

He sat back in her chair, picking up her pen and twirling it between his fingers. He didn't even look at her, but that wasn't what scared her...What scared her the most was how undaunted and patient he was. He hadn't bothered her, spoken to her or even looked at her for that matter. He was able to sit in the same room with her in complete silence without so much as a peek at her. With her being tied up, she expected more. Obviously there wasn't anything in particular she expected more of, just something other than this.