3. daddy issues barbie.

"Hakan, do you know why you're here sweetheart?" The female detective asked.

"B-because my mama was killed."

Hakan could see the pity in both of their eyes. They looked like they wished they could help, but knew that no amount of jail time or time in the psych ward would bring his mama back. And of course, rather than allowing him to grieve and come to terms with her passing, they needed him to replay the night she was murdered. They needed everything and him being the only witness; he had to give it to them.

"I understand how hard this must be for you and as much as I know you want to get out of here, we need you to start from the beginning." She placed her hand on his shoulder.

There Hakan sat, blood all over his clothes, face bruised up and freezing cold with a heated blanket wrapped around his small fragile body.

"O-okay," he began. "I was watching cartoons upstairs in m-my room, when I heard sc-screaming from the living room. They're always arguing and I thought that today was like any other day they argued."

"Who's 'they' sweetie?" She asked looking up from her notepad at him while the male officer hovered over her; arms crossed and sympathetically staring at Hakan.

"My mama and papa." He replied, tears beginning to fill his eyes.

He watched as the male detective lowered himself to the female detective's ear and whispered something in it. She simply nodded and he exited the room— clearly uncomfortable.

"My partner is going to find you some clean clothes and to retrieve another heated blanket. Is that okay with you?" She asked, smiling slightly.

"Yes, th-thank you."

"You may continue." She crossed her hands in front of her.

Mustering up all of the courage Hakan could, he continued...

"I decided to find m-my headphones because I just couldn't take the screaming anymore, until I heard a loud gunshot. I dropped my headphones and they br-broke. I ran downstairs to see him hovering over my mama with a big gun. She had blood pouring from her mouth and these sharp pieces stuck in her chest. Her eyes were so big they looked li-like they were going to pop out of her he-head. He looked at me and walked away and all I could do was run to my mama. I tried to remove the pieces from h-her chest, but I think I was hurting her...." Hakan began to quietly sob.

The female detective wiped the tear that dared to escape her eye. She grabbed a tissue and wiped his eyes— he thanked her.

"Take your time honey." She placed the tissue box in front of him.

"I didn't want to hurt my mama so I stopped trying to remove the pieces. I could tell she was trying to tell me something, but I couldn't understand her. She was ch-ch-choking on her blood." He sniffled. "My papa came back into the living room and this time he had an ax. I tried to get up to fi-fight him off ma'am, but he was too strong. He took the other end of the ax and hit me in my face. I heard my mama try to tell him to stop, but he continued bashing me in my face and di-different parts of my b-body."

Hakan struggled to continue and the female detective thought that maybe having him tell this story this soon wasn't a good idea. They just wanted the information while it was still fresh in the child's mind, but not at the expense of his sanity...

"Maybe we should take a break." The male detective came up with clean clothes and the blanket Hakan was promised.

"I-I'm sorry. I can continue." Hakan said still shivering a little, but not from the cold.