꧁༺~𝓒𝓱.4 𝓦𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓽𝓱𝓪𝓽'𝓼 𝓳𝓾𝓼𝓽 𝓭𝓪𝓷𝓭𝔂, 𝓲𝓼𝓷'𝓽 𝓲𝓽?~ ༻꧂

A/N: So, I'm going to miss the first bit- the introduction to where Flynn meets Rapunzel for the first time. Instead, I'm going to be doing something different. I've had to spilt this chapter, so the one after pt.2 of this chapter will be where the 'Runaway Bride,' Flynn and you meet. By the way, whoever made this edit, is a legend, and all the credits go to them for making this. It's simply a masterpiece. Anyway! Enjoy!

Walking down the uneven cobbled street- wobbling here and there- you made your way back down to the stables, keeping your promise of having a hack with Imperial. Whilst you were stumbling slightly across the street, you glanced around noticing that it was fairly busy. People who were selling fresh fruit are selling out quickly, as families rushed to buy them. It was the same with other stalls. Perhaps it was because it was soon to be the 'Runaway Bride's' birthday/Remembrance Day.

Literally.

You felt a little peckish, so you decided to hobble over to the fruit cart and buy something to eat. You arrived at the apple cart and asked the seller how much it was for two apples.

"Oh! That will be 2 shillings!" The seller replied cheerfully. Your eyes widened slightly.

'Shit. I don't think I brought enough, hold on, let me check.' Hurriedly, you shuffled through your blazer pockets in search of coins. When you didn't feel anything, you moved on to your trouser pockets next. Fortunately, you had some money with you, and so you counted how much you currently had. 2 shillings was equivalent to 24 pence... You only had 20p. Your brows rose and you felt flushed. You nervously rubbed the back of your neck as you gave the cashier a guilty look.

"Ah... I'm sorry, I don't think I'll be able to buy from you. It seems I am 4 pence off-" You cut your sentence off and yelped when you felt a hand rest on your shoulder. A large, rough hand, to be exact.

"I'll help pay." You recognized that voice. You turned your head slightly so you could see over your shoulder and raised your eyes to meet the gaze of the person behind you.

"Harry?!" You questioned alarmed. He only looked at you, but didn't say anything. You knew that look all too well.

'Fuck, I messed up somehow, somewhere.' You started to sweat. You turned your head so that you were now looking at the cashier in front of you. They simply smiled in understanding and handed over two red juicy-looking apples, in return for 2 shillings. You handed over all your money, and Harry chipped in too, like he said. You both thanked the cashier, wishing her a good day. The pair of you started to walk away from the cart. A heavy atmosphere was evident. You looked over discreetly to Harry to see what his expression was. He looked... neutral.

"Where were you?" He asked suddenly. What did he mean: 'Where were you?' What is he referring to?

"What do you mean 'Where were you?' I was in the Palace, patrolling like Chief told me to-" you started to explain, but it seems Harry didn't want to let you finish.

"No. You weren't, actually." He stated, a hint of irritation sprinkled in his voice. Slowly, he turned his head towards you and stopped. So, you stopped a few feet away from him.

You were both by a flowing water fountain. A beautiful one at that. At the top, there stood a statue that looked like a lady holding a vase on her shoulders, and another one in her hands, which was lowered down to the ground, tilted slightly. A stream of water was flowing fluently out of the pot. This caused a waterfall effect to happen all the way down the fountain. It truly looked mesmerizing to you. It was amazing how people had imagination to do things like this. You turned your focus from the fountain to Harry. He didn't look very... happy to say the least.