꧁༒𝓒𝓱.9 ~𝓦𝓮𝓵𝓵, 𝓱𝓮𝓵𝓵𝓸 𝓽𝓱𝓮𝓻𝓮.~༒꧂

Once you were a child. Everyone was in fact. It seems to be true that the past is brighter than the present; for some people that is.

Just unfortunately, you weren't part of that 'some people' category. You remembered your childhood quite vividly, and you wouldn't like to relive it, even if you were offered money for every second you were experiencing it. You knew what your parents were like, you knew what they did, you once knew them. Now, you just feel like forgetting them, simply associating them as a figment of your imagination. They were sad people. Sad, sad people.

Currently, you were downstairs, sat by the window watching the drizzly, miserable, humid morning go by. A hot cup of coffee and a soft, plush Y/F/C blanket wrapped around yourself, like a cosy cocoon. You felt relaxed, untense and comatose. Something about this weather and your current state made you feel this way.

"You alright?" A voice called. To you? You turned your head at the person; hair that was blonde and beautiful, a face that was sculptured with care and precision- so delicate and fragile, like a porcelain doll. Eyes that were green, as green as the forests that surrounded the tower.
It seems Goldie had made an arrival.

You smiled softly and scooted over to make room for the girl, patting the now extra space. The young girl accepted your gesture and made her way over, sitting next to you as you looked out, out into the space around you. Quite beautiful. The atmosphere between the two of you was calm and somehow not awkward. Once again, a soft sigh made it's way through your parted lips.

"Hmm... I'm alright I suppose, could be better- Oh- Excuse me-" You turned your head to the side and into the crease of your elbow, you were about to sneeze and you knew Goldie wouldn't really appreciate germs being spat at her. Achoo! "Ah.. I feel better now. Sorry for that."

"Oh, don't worry about it, if you feel ill, I can make you a soup? Chicken if you like?" A gentle smile etched across Goldie's face as you looked at her. You knew there was something different about her, just from spending time with her, she was caring, sweet, generous and... well... She acts like a parent. A caring parent. A parent you've never really grown up with. Your eyes were being pricked with tears at the thought, but you quickly brushed the thought away, she doesn't need to see your waterworks today. Instead, you smiled back, a grateful smile for her efforts to try and make you feel better.

"Thank you..."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

The chicken soup was delicious and the hours that followed, they were peaceful. You felt like you now owed Goldie, so instead of her cleaning rooms, you said you would tidy her room up as you have been sleeping in her room. So, you took it upon yourself to help her out, you wanted to feel useful.

With each step up the stairs, you felt agonising pain, the achey feeling from not moving much in a day. You felt like dropping to the floor and suddenly sprouting wings, just to get up a set of stairs. What a lazy cow.
'I hate this, I hate this, I hate this, I hate this-' the repeat of a sentence seemed to make your journey up the stairs go by a little faster until finally...

Thud!

"OW, SHIT," somehow, you managed to trip up the last stair, "OH, MY POOR TOE."

A rhythmic beat of footsteps followed shortly after your dramatic incident, suddenly coming to a halt.

"Are you okay?" A feminine voice called out.

"Yeah, I just tripped! Up the stairs somehow..." You mumbled the last part. You looked behind you and down the stairs, you could see worry laced all over the girl's face, who stood at the bottom of the wooden stairs. You flashed her a reassuring smile and got yourself up, dusting off in the process. Goldie nodded and walked away, going back to whatever she was doing before hand.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A few minutes- More like hours- had passed and you were finally done with tidying Goldie's room. It looked spotless and, in your opinion, amazing (because you did it, obviously).

You wiped the blanket of sweat off your forehead with a flannel (those small cloth things- face cloths?) close by. Grime, dust and dirt showed through the once white fabric.

"Ew." Was your only response.

"Yeah, ew, what the fuck?" A sudden voice appeared. You screamed and turned around quick, you felt your hair whip them in the face (ha, L bozo).

"OW UGH-"

"AHH-"

Your widened eyes met with hazel ones, ones of which showed agony from the hair whip. You recognised who the sneaking bastard was, your shocked expression soon turning into of of pure annoyance, with a side of guilt.

"You idiot! What gave you the bright idea to sneak up on me like that?" You questioned angrily. Flynn's head looked up to you, from his bent position, with an expression of confusion.

"What do you mean: 'sneak up on me like that?' I called your name 3,000 times, I swear!" You looked at him in disbelief and simply scoffed. 'yeah righto, bozo.'

"Anyway, What have you been doing th-"
"Cleaning Goldie's room."
"How did you kn-"
"I just do."
"Wha-"
"Shut up, you lessen the IQ of everyone in this building." You interjected. You side eyes the man, taking a peek at his facial expression; shock and disbelief, just what you wanted. You smirked and turned your head back around feeling proud of your little insult.

"Wow. So rude." Rider scoffed behind your back. You rolled your eyes.

"Say that to my face, bozo."

"Alright then." Suddenly, an arm curled around your collar and grabbed your shoulder, you furrowed your brows until you were spun 180°.

"Bitch, do I look like a protractor-" Face- to- face.

Eye- to- Eye.

Breath- to- breath.

surprised expression to a firm expression.

"Wow, so. Rude." He simply said. Being the sneaky bastard he is, he quickly glanced down at your lips and then back to your eyes, slightly smirking. A beautiful and gorgeous colour they were indeed, 'as pretty as the princess' crown' in his words. You snapped out of your surprised state and blinked. Even you were taken aback by his move (aswell as his features). Even you couldn't resist a sneaky peaky at his lips, however the owner of the lips seemed to have realised where you were looking, because soon enough, a finger hooked your chin and lifted your face up so you were looking at those beautiful hazel eyes. Dangerously beautiful hazel eyes.

"Well, hello there."

Word count (Including this here!): 1135 words!