There will be Blood

**Roxy's POV**

I opened my eyes. There was a blinding brightness. I realised I was looking up at the sun. I sat up and looked around. I was at a beach. Was this what death was like?

"Roxanne?" I looked to the sound of my name. I hadn't heard that voice in months. "Is that really you?"

"Dad?" I could feel my eyes widen. "Mom?"

They looked so sad. "Hunny." Mom pulled away from my hug. "You can't be here."

"What?" I could feel tears forming in my eyes. "Why? Don't you want to see me? I've been waiting to see you since the.. the.."

"The robbery?" Dad shook his head. "Hunny, you can't be here. We're dead."

"I know that." I answered, my voice choked with tears.

"If you're here that means..." Moms face was filled with pain. "Roxy, sweety, you're only 16. You have to try and get out of here."

"But.. I overdosed.." I said quietly. Mom gasped.

Dad grabbed me by the shoulders and shook me roughly. "You did what?!"

"I had to keep my friends safe." I felt the tears tracing lines down my cheeks.

"Go back." Mom said firmly. "Go back to your friends. Forget us." The world started going out of focus as she spoke.

"No! Mom!" I screamed as I cried harder. "Dad! Don't leave me!"

"Go back." My parents held each other as the world left my vision entirely.

^^^^^^^

I could hear a steady beeping sound. Again. It sounded like the hospital. There were voices around me.

"How long has she been asleep?" It sounded like Ashley.

"2 days." Andy's voice. I would recognise it anywhere.

"What do the doctors think?" That was.. Ella.

"They think we should.. pull the plug." Jake answered. His voice sounded raw, like he was crying recently.

"Who gets to decide?" There was Sammi. Where was Addy?

"The doctor said it was the closest family member." Andy answered quietly.

"But.. her parents are dead?" CC, the oh so smart CC.

"And her guardian is.. Addy." Ashley's voice halted right before saying her name. What was going on?

"So.. who chooses?" That was Jinxx. They were all gathered in my room.

Having enough of their conversation, I struggled to open my eyes. "Me." I murmured.

There were many sighs of relief. I was hugged by everyone but Ashley. I think CC was crying when he hugged me.

Jake laughed. "I guess the doctors proved me wrong." Ella rubbed his hand.

"You gave us all a scare." Jinxx said rubbing my shoulder.

"Never do it again." Sammi smiled warmly at me.

I looked at Andy. He defied Jessie's demand. He saved me. He looked so unsure as I stared at him, like he thought I'd be pissed off. I pulled him into a tight hug. "I love you." I whispered.

Without answering, he hugged me back.

"Ashley.." I started. "What's.. what's wrong?" I wasn't sure I wanted the answer.

"Addy.." He said, tears forming in his eyes. "She.. she.." He ran out of the room.

I stared in surprise at the door. "What just happened." I looked around at the now silent room. "Will someone tell me what the fuck is wrong?!"