Abandoned

***Important note at the end, please read!***

Chapter Twenty-Three

[ your pov ]

"(Y/n), I know you're following me. Leave. Leave now." Vincent told me, stopping in his tracks. I flinched.

My cheek still burned, as I ran my fingers on it. "Vincent, I just..."

"Well, you said you hate me, right?" He turned around. He was taking on his human form.

Hurt was written all over his face and his eyes were slightly puffed. "I...I just...Diana..."

"Yeah, Diana was all over me, but if I really meant to hurt you, don't you think I would've done it earlier?"

I put my hands in my pockets and stared at the ground. I didn't know what to say.

I heard him sigh. "Look-- I'd really appreciate it if you just left me alone."

"What?" My voice cracked. Was I really that clingy and obsessive over Vincent...?

"I'm sorry, I really can't deal with you right now."

I could feel my heart break into a thousand pieces. What was that supposed to mean?
When I looked up to talk to him, all I saw was the darkened sky. He was gone.

~

The raindrops hit my skin harshly, then gently rolling down to the cement sidewalk. I didn't care about my condition- the fact that I was soaking wet. I continued to look for Vincent. I didn't care about the heart that was ripped in my chest, no matter how badly he hurt me, he would always be mine, because I love him.

Love is nonexistent, (y/n), what are you talking about?

I argued with myself as I still walked down the streets of Manhattan.
"Excuse me miss, you wouldn't mind if I bought you an umbrella, maybe a raincoat, perhaps?" I turned to see where the source of the voice appeared. It was a young man, maybe about a year or two younger than me. He had rather dark hair, but he had green eyes. He was taller than me by a few inches.
"Oh, u-um, it's okay..." I didn't feel like talking to this guy. My mascara ran down my cheeks and I looked like some homeless person, stranded in the rain.
"No I should," The man said, trying to make eye contact.
"I don't think a stranger should be buying things for other strangers," I faked a smile.
"If you insist," I saw him take off his leather jacket and wrap it around my shoulders. He went beside me and shared his clear umbrella.
"Would you like to come to my apartment for a bit? It's just around the corner."
I eyed him suspiciously, and he chuckled. "Don't worry, love, I wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone a beautiful girl like yourself." He wrapped his arm around my shoulders, and yet I didn't have the heart to push him off or decline his offer. My muscles felt too weak and where was my heart anyways? Oh yeah, crumbling. Crumbling slowly to the bottom of my stomach.

"I'm James by the way," The man spoke, starting a conversation on the way to his apartment.
"(Y/n)," I blandly said.
I heard James mumble, "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl..."

~
As we neared the Complex Apartment building, we stopped to get Starbucks, which happened to be inside James's (James'?) building.

I silently sighed as I sipped my Caramel Macchiato, warming up my entire body, aside from James's jacket.

We entered the elevator, following us was an old lady.
"What floor, ma'am?" James politely said, gesturing towards the lady.
"Th-third, please," She kindly smiled.

James pressed the "3" button on the list of numbers on the side of the elevator, along with pressing the "47" button, as which I assumed was his.

~