8 // Wilby

When he woke up, Tommy was in his own bed in his own home. Yawning slightly, he got changed into his signature red basketball top and cargo pants. That was pretty much all his wardrobe consisted of.

He ran down the last few stairs to see his mother and father doing the laundry together. "Hello Tommy! Wilbur said you fell asleep on the way home, so he carried you into your room and we let you sleep for the rest of the night."

Tommy only nodded absentmindedly and grabbed come cereal. After pouring a decent amount out, he splashed in some milk, took a spoon, and started shovelling food in about three mouthfuls at a time. (I'm sorry, but those who put milk in first are just evil... that's why ff Wilbur uses the milk first.)

His parents smiled and shook their heads. After he had finished, he washed up the bowl in the sink and made his way up to his room to start editing and make his next video. YouTube waits for no man, as his father would constantly joke. Tommy didn't really understand it, but he laughed nevertheless.

The blonde dashed upstairs to his set up and started messaging his friends. 'Hey guys, does anyone want to film a Minecraft video with me? I've worked really hard on a new asteroid mod that I think you'll all really enjoy!' He hit send and waited for a reply. After about five minutes, he began to get restless. 'Hey guys? Do you want to do it?'. Still no reply. Tommy was about to postpone (or film it by himself) when he got a message from Wilbur.

'Hey Tommy! I can't help but notice how everyone has just ignored your message. I'll play with you, since everyone else seems to have abandoned you.'

Tommy sighed and typed out his response. 'Sure Wilbur! That sounds great.'

Wilbur called Tommy and they began setting up for the video. "So tell me again how this works please?" Although it was a question, Wilbur spoke it a lot more like a demand.

"Okay, so every five minutes there's a meteor shower which rains down and will kill you if you're under it. They're quite close together, so you'll have to be actively dodging or get under cover in order to avoid it."

Wilbur nodded and told the blonde to start recording. The video went well and they successfully defeated the ender dragon after about an hour and a half.

"Thanks Wilbur! You were a great help!"

"Tommy, Tommy, Tommy... that's no way to talk to me." The blonde stayed quiet for a second.

"How should I, then?"

"How about... Wilby? That sounds cute, right? After all, since I'm such a good friend and important to you, you should be calling me a nickname by now. We're way past formalities."

"O-okay... thank you Wilbu- Wilby." Tommy anxiously scratched the back of his neck; weary of his mistake.

"You're welcome Toms! Send me the video and I'll edit it for you."

"O- oh no you really don't have to do that. I actually enjoy editing it an-"

"Toms. I insist." Wilbur had used a warning tone so strong, Tommy would have to be completely stupid not to notice the threat lacing the words.

"Alright then. Thank you Wilbu- Wilby." Tommy's heart skipped a beat in pure fear. Why was he so scared? They're friends! They're like brothers!

"Bye Toms." Before Tommy even had a chance to react, Wilbur was gone. Tommy sat in silence staring at his computer.