7 // Home Again

With that, Wilbur took Tommy back to the car to begin their long journey home. Tommy sat in the front seat and watched as Wilbur started the engine. He slowly backed out of the parking lot and onto the main road. It was only five minutes into the journey when Wilbur started staring at him from the corner of his eye.

"Why do you keep looking at me like that?" Tommy defensively crossed his arms.

"Just... thinking."

"Bout what?" Wilbur only smiled to himself and stayed quiet. After about thirty seconds, Tommy spoke up again, "That's not an answer."

"You're not getting an answer."

"Whyyyyyyy!?" Tommy groaned throwing him limbs about in distress.

"Because I said so and because you don't deserve one." Tommy stuck his bottom lip out. "Oh stop sulking! I even overlooked when you went against my direct orders and talked to the scavenger worker."

"That's because he asked me a questio—"

"Are you talking back to me?" Wilbur's tone was deadly cold. "Toms. Answer me."

"N-no..." The blonde's answer was unsure and hesitant.

"Yes you were, and now you're lying as well."

"No I'm not I—"

"Enough Toms." Wilbur warned.

"No! You're not listening to me you—"

"Toms I'm giving you one last chance to apologise."

"For what?" Tommy stopped his rant to look desperately at Wilbur.

"So you don't know? Shame." Wilbur looked like he was contemplating something for a second. "Alright, open up."

"What!? Why!?"

"Tommy you shouldn't ask me so many questions. Open your mouth."

Tommy slowly opened his mouth. As soon as it was wide enough, Wilbur chucked a small pill in it and handed the boy a bottle of water. "Swallow."

Tommy looked hesitant but after Wilbur just raised an eyebrow, the boy did as told. There was no use fighting – Wilbur would just win and it would get him in even more trouble than he already was in. He took a small sip of water and swallowed the pill. A few minutes later, his head felt heavy and Tommy gave into tiredness.

"I can see you're making good progress. That was much better than on the way out there." Wilbur smiled and rubbed Tommy's head, soon passing out completely.