9 // Wrong Numbers

It had been exactly two days since filming the video. And Wilbur had just sent him the finished, edited version – he was too scared to even watch it. Tommy sighed: if he didn't post it today, Wilbur would start getting suspicious – there was no escaping it. He took a deep breath and pressed play on the video.

Turns out he had nothing to worry about. The video looked mostly normal – there were only two things that Tommy noticed. The first was that Wilbur had edited it to make it seem like Tommy was being incredibly clingy and attached to him; for instance, the part about Wilbur asking to be called Wilby was completely cut out. The video ended with Tommy calling Wilbur Wilby seemingly out of his own free will.

The other thing that Tommy noticed was how Wilbur had cut out the parts about him mentioning any other member of the Sleepy Bois group. Of course, some of their banter had to be cut out (you couldn't make an hour and a half worth of YouTube content and expect your viewer satisfaction rates to be high). It was just that... Wilbur seemed to have selected certain things to chop – he even went so far as to voice over what he had said previously; pretty much changing the conversation entirely.

After a few moments of debate, Tommy decided that there was nothing he could do, regardless of the rather peculiar changes. They blonde shrugged – thought it over one last time – and hit the post button.

There! Content made! He relaxed into his chair and let out an unconscious breath of relief. Not that he didn't like posting – it was just that he could get so worked up over what he showed to the millions of fans out there.

Glad that he'd completed his two weekly posts, Tommy logged off of his computer and headed downstairs to eat; worrying made him hungry, meaning he'd worked up a rather large appetite.

Just as he was about to help himself to a delicious lunch, his phone buzzed – signalling that someone had messaged him. Tommy picked up the phone to see an unknown number and after a minute of consultation, he messaged back.

'Uhm who is this?'

'Tommy it's me – Technoblade. How could you not have my number?'

'I do! It's **** ***'

'No Tommy that's not a real number – it would have six more digits if it were real. You're missing the first and last three from my contact number.'

Tommy sat there for a moment. He was messaging Technoblade literally four days ago: how could he not have his number!? In order to change it, one would have to go into his house, into his room, log onto his computer and change it. Even if someone managed to break into his room, they would need the password for his computer which Tommy had made extra care to tell no one – well except Wilbur... but only because he had threatened Tommy for it.

WAIT WILBUR! Suddenly Tommy's mind was racing. He didn't even look at the next message Techno sent because he was too busy trying to find Wilbur's contact. No wonder no one wanted to film Minecraft with him: he hadn't actually texted any of them.