Chapter 49: What now?

He felt small. So tiny in so many ways and yet he could feel the strength of the other in his grip as he clutched at Jeongguk's shirt, his long fingers tight against the material. He smelled of sandalwood, distinct and somehow alluringly strong as it dusted in Jeongguk's nose.

But he also felt the strength of him in other ways. Jeongguk couldn't stop mumbling apologizes, and the other never even knew since he did it in the ear that couldn't hear at all- the one without the hearing aid. If he felt the rumbles, he never said anything, but Jeongguk wouldn't stop saying how sorry he was.

It didn't really help the guilt, but he swore sometimes Yoongi would tighten his grip on his bicep as if he could hear the whispered pleas and the soft murmurs of a love that had never faded, never died, if anything had grown in their time apart.

Jeongguk bent back down to Yoongi's ear, the one that did not hear, and closed his eyes. "I will never forgive myself for what I said. For what I have done.... but I love you."

"Did you say something, Guk?" Yoongi asked, frowning as he pulled away to peer into Jeongguk's face. The younger man offered a small smile, shaking his head. The coal haired moved to pull him down for another kiss, when Jeongguk jerked at the sound of someone clearing their throat.

Jeongguk almost laughed at the scowl that twitched at the other's face as he turned and sent a glare towards Jimin, who was standing nearby with a smirk twitching at his pink lips while his fingers ghosted his blond hair that fell in front of his forehead.

"Park fucking Jimin," Yoongi snipped. The smaller boy offered a sweet smile, eyes crinkling in the corners but the smirk wasn't leaving as they flickered over to Jeongguk and back to Yoongi as his hands began to move in KSL.

Yoongi shifted his weight, eyes narrowing a bit on Jimin's moving hands and Jeongguk tried to ignore the icy feeling that flooded his system. He felt a bit left out, but he was also a little jealous that the other could so easily communicate with him.

Huffing at whatever Jimin had said, Yoongi moved his hands a bit slower, more languid, that had Jimin giggling. He grinned brightly before he looked back towards Jeongguk and winked. "Nice to officially meet you, Jeongguk. I've heard a bit about you."

"Uh, yeah, good to see you again?" Jeongguk mumbled, eyes darting back towards Yoongi who offered him a small smile. The other waved him off while Yoongi rolled his eyes.

"Did you need something, Lemonade Fairy?" Yoongi questioned, cheeks tinting a bit red at being caught. Jimin shook his head again, eyes going downward as he scoffed his shoe and Jeongguk was still surprised by how pretty the kid was.

He kind of understood Yoongi's nickname for him.

"I was just... where is Namjoon-ssi? I was... I am trying to report in for work and you two seem a bit busy? If the job is still open to me!" Jimin said, panic on his face when he realized that he assumed and bit his bottom lip. "If I can."

"Of course you can," Jeongguk said, "but can you really dance?"

"Wanna try me?" Jimin rebuked, looking excited at the idea as his entire demeanor changed. Jeongguk was surprised when the meek expression transformed into one of confidence, his chest pushing out and body straightening as his head cocked to the side.

Jeongguk felt his body shudder at the challenge, a smile touching his face at the idea as he met Jimin's eyes. "Sure. You versus me and the other dancer here- sound good to you?"

"Sounds great," he replied and then turned to Yoongi, moving his hands with the words. "Are you going to stay here or you going to check out other studios?"