Chapter 6

It's been a week already. Kaitlin was sitting on her bed when Harry knocked on her door before walking in. "Come downstairs dad is calling you," Harry told her as she nodded her head and walked downstairs with her book in hand.

She walked into the kitchen and saw Lily cooking. "Do you need any help?" She asked setting her book down. "No darling I don't." "You sure I can help I'm great in the kitchen," Kaitlin told her. "Are you sure?" Lily asked her as she nodded her head.

"Right come over here," Lily told her as she walked over towards the stove. She placed down the spatula and grabbed an apron and put it on her. "What's this for," Kaitlin asked. "So you don't get your clothes dirty here step on the stool." She said pulling the stool closer to her.

Kaitlin stepped on it and stared at Lily. "So what now." She asked as Lily grabbed the spatula and gave it to her. "I'm gonna add some stuff in and I want you to mix it ok," Lily said as she nodded her head. "Go ahead and mix it," Lily told her grabbing the stuff and cutting it before putting it in.

"There now we'll let that cook but for now we can make the cake," Lily said as Kaitlin stepped away from the stove and near the island. "How?" Kaitlin asked her as Lily grabbed the stuff out. "From scratch, my mother taught me how," Lily told her

As she stayed quiet. "Want me to teach you how," Lily asked her. "Can you." "Of course, I can come here," Lily told her as Kaitlin stood beside her. "So what now," Kaitlin asked her. "Let's put your pretty hair back so it doesn't get in the way," Lily told her as she nodded her head as Lily pulled it back and put it into a low ponytail and did the same with hers.

She added flour on the counter then added more. "What now," Kaitlin asked as Lily put some eggs in the flour. "We mix it," Lily told her as they did.

James walked into the living looking at Harry. "Where's Kaitlin," James asked him. "She never went to see you." "No haven't seen her can you go check her room please maybe she forgot," James told him as he got up and started walking to her room. "She doesn't forget a thing dad," Harry said as James walked to the kitchen and found her helping Lily.

They were both laughing and smiling and so was he just at the sight. He walked over and sat down in front of them. "Hi darling what's up," Lily said to him. "Nothing just looking for Kaitlin but found her." He said as she looked up at him smiling. "Sorry I came and started to help Lily but Harry told me you were calling me." She said as she had flour on her face.

"Just wanted to let you know that everyone is gonna come over today." He told her as she nodded her head. "Dad she's not in their-Oh their you are Kaitlin dad is looking for you," Harry said sitting down next to James. "Your late he already told me what he was calling me for." She told him as he rolled his eyes.

"Whatever oh look you have something on your shirt." He said as she looked down and he put flour on his face. "Funny but two can play that game." She said putting some on his face as she laughed. "Oh, I'm gonna get you back." He said getting up chasing her as she ran off with him chasing her.

"Sorry for taking her from you she offered to help and I couldn't turn her down so I let her," Lily told him putting the cake in the oven. "It's alright and I'm glad you two are getting along." He told her. "She's so quiet," Lily told him. "Yes, she s but gives her time she'll open up and speak more." He told her laughing a little hearing her laugh echo through the house.

She ran into the kitchen laughing hiding behind Lily. "Hide me he's coming." She said holding onto her as Lily put her arms behind her holding her there. "She comes in here," Harry said running in. "No, she didn't," James said as Harry sat back down. "Liar she's right there hiding behind mom," Harry said as she moved to the side of Lily. "Okay truce no more."