Chapter 22

Two days later.....

Kaitlin was in the living room just sitting their half asleep when the others walked in. She's been having these nightmares lately. "Morning Kaitlin." Harry said but she didn't say anything so which he said it again. "Morning Kaitlin."

"Harry I think she's asleep-Hmm what no I'm not." She said cutting off Lily. "You ok." He asked her. "Yeah just didn't sleep much last night." She said looking down at her hands. "Where's dad." She asked them. "His office." Harry told her as she gave him a small nod.

"What's wrong." Lily asked her. "Nothing's wrong." She said as Lily sighed. "Are you sure I'm sure he's not busy why don't you go check." Lily told her as she got up walking to his office gently knocking before she walked in.

He looked up and saw Kaitlin and so he pushed his paper work to the side. "Dad." She said. "What happened." He said. "Um are you busy." "A little but what's up." He said. "Never mind I'll come back later then." She said going to the door. "Nonsense tell me." He said as she sighed.

"Come here." He told her as she slowly walked over to him. "Now tell me what's wrong." He said to her. "Well I was thinking back to what mother said to me." She said as she stared at the floor. He lifted her face up so she's looking up at him. "What she say." He asked.

"That you'll get tired of me and don't love me." She said but it came more out like a whisper if she wasn't close to him he wouldn't have been able to hear her. "Don't think back to that cause she lied to you I'll never get tired of you in fact I'd love to spend more time with you you've been hanging out with the kids so much that I barely see you so as of right now we are going to spend some time together so the kids can't take you from me."

He told her holding her hands. "And I'll always love you no matter what you do or who you like or date whether it's girls or boys I'll still love you your my daughter and I love you very much that I'll have to lock you up and freeze you so you don't grow up." He said making her giggle. "Don't lock me up or freeze me please." She said laughing a little.

"But you understand I'll always love you so you can't get rid of me your stuck with me till the very end and you can't date till I die but wait a week to make sure I'm dead." He told her. "Dad come on your practically immortal you survived the killing curse." She told him.

"My point exactly." He told her as she smiled at him. "I love you Kaitlin I hope you know that and theirs no way I can ever stop loving you." He told her. "I know now dad I love you too." She told him hugging him. "Promise you won't ever get mad at me." She said.

"As long as you never give me a reason too but I promise." He told her kissing her cheek. "So what are you doing." She asked him. "Some paper work and your paper work." He said as she tilted her head like a puppy. "What?" She said. "To get full custody of you and I believe I will get custody of you." He told her.

"I hope so too I don't want to ever go back their it'll be too much for me and the memories of everything that happened their." She told him. "Don't worry you won't your safe with us and I'm sure if your ever forced to go back don't doubt that me and Lily aren't going to be fighting for you back." He told her as she gave him a nod.

"I like Lily she's nice." She said. "And she love you too." He told her pulling a chair next to him. "Here sit let me finish this real quick and then I'm free and we can do whatever you want." He told her as she sat down. "That's fine." She said as he went back to his work.

After twenty minutes he finished his papers and leaned back sighing. "Their I'm all yours what do you want to do." He told her. "Want to go out get some things." He told her as she shook her head. "Be right back." She said running out the office as Sirius walked in. "What's wrong with her." He said pointing behind him.

"She went to go grab something." James told him. "Anyways I was thinking we-Kaitlin ran back into the room back into her chair with a book in her hands. "A book?" Sirius said as she ignored him. "Want me too read it?" James asked. "If you want too but of course you-Let me see it." He said cutting her off as Sirius groaned walking out shutting the door.

"Let's sit on the couch." James said as they moved from the chairs to the couch in his office. He sat down as she cuddled next to him. "This a new one?" He asked. "Yes I figured I'd start a new book." She said as he nodded his head and started to read the book.

Sirius threw himself on the couch groaning. "What's wrong with you." Marlene asked. "Prongsletta is replacing me." He said as they rolled their eyes. "How so." Frank asked. "I was talking to James and she runs in and he ignores me and give her his full attention like I wasn't their in the first place." Sirius told them.

"She's still in their." Lily asked. "Yes their reading a book together since when does he read he never read a book before." Sirius said. "Since that one time he read to her." Lily said as he groaned even more. "Well she's replacing me-Leave her alone Sirius before I give you a reason to cry for." Lily told him as he kept crying about her. "Rude." He said sitting down correctly.

"So what we're they doing." Lily asked. "He was reading her a new book I guess." He said. "Get over it Sirius she's more important than you she always has been since he found out about her and even more now since you told us." Lily told him. "What you mean." Mary asked. "He just reassures her that he loves her it helps her knowing he does." She told them as they nodded their heads.