chapter 16

It's six fifty four Gaara should be here soon I hope so anyways. I began pacing in the kitchen. I feel sick to my stomach at the moment I hope this goes well ahhh. I thought just then there was a knock at the door. I quickly walked over to the door and opened it. There stood Gaara in a white dress shirt black dress pants and a black jacket.

"Well it seems Temari got you too." I giggle. "You looked handsome." I finished.

"You look incredible." He breathed out I felt heat rise to my face.

"But you should try this." He said and pulled out a red hair clip. He gently moved my bangs and clipped them in place revealing my eyes. I let a small smile creep onto my face. Gaara's face was a light pink color.

"Thank you." I said.

"No problem. Should we get going now." He said. I quickly nodded and stepped out of the hotel room closing the door behind me.

"So where are we going?" I asked.

"Well I was thinking I could show you the rest of sand village." He said akwardly.

"Okay." Said and we continued walking. Once we were near the busy part of the village there was a large crowd Gaara intertwined his hand with mine. I looked down and blushed. We weaved through the crowd and walked to a small opening. There were tons of lanterns and lights hanging and in the center a large fountain.

"Wow it so pretty." I said with a smile. I looked up to Gaara whom had a small smile. I then got an idea I quickly let go of Gaara's hand and did a hand sign.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"Something we haven't done in a long time." I said and slammed my hands on the sand creating ice under our feet. I watched as Gaara began slipping I quickly caught him and helped him stand.

"Here let me help you." I said I hooked my arm with his and began skating. He wabbled and slipped. I turned so I was in front of him and started to lead him.

"Whoa, this is difficult." Gaara said slipping a little. I laughed and let go of one hand.

"Come on its really easy just follow my lead." I said. He eventually started to get it so I let go and skate a little further ahead of him. I stopped and turned to him and smiled. He had a large grin across his face. He came to a stop in front of me. I giggled and I heard him laughing as well.

"See isn't this fun I used to do this all the time back at home." I laughed.

"Do you ever miss your old home?"

"Yeah but I didn't miss most of the people. I only had Ami and the Hoshikage was nice to me as well. But mot at first."

"What do you mean?" He asked as I sat down on the edge of the fountain.

"Well my mom die giving birth to me and my father hated me for it so he would hit me and he tried to kill me so many times. He would start acting like he cared the he would stab me or do something he constantly told Ami I was dangerous so she was terrified." I said grabbing the bottom of my dress. He sat next to me and hesitantly placed his arm around me and brought me closer to him.

"He can't hurt you anymore." He said as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Thank you." I said as I let go of him and stood up. I held out my hand which he took I pulled him up to his feet then undid my jutsu.

"Lets go." He said. We walked to a small food stand but as soon as we entered the few people in there bowed.

"Lord Kazekage! Um welcome please have seat." The older lady behind the counter said. He simply waved and lead me to a seat. I sat down as Gaara took the seat next to me.

"So Lord Gaara I see your on a date." The younger girl said with a sly grin. He simply nodded. She then took our orders and left.

"Do eat here a lot or something." I asked.

"Yeah Temari can't cook at all it's almost as bad as Matsuri's cookies." He said in a disgusted tone I couldn't help but laugh.

"Usually I cook around the house Ami can only cook a few different things mostly desser." I said mater of factly.

"I see. Well what would you do if Ami stayed here?" He aaked. My eyes widened.

"Kankuro talks about it all the time he really loves your sister." He finished. I felt my heart get stabbed.

"W-well I would be happy for her b-but I wouldn't really know what to do with myself probably train constantly that's usually what I do when she's gone." I stuttered.

"Oh." He said just then the young girl came back with our food.

"Here you go. Have fun you two." She said and left.

"Thank you." I said as Gaara began eating I started eating myself and we continued to talk. Once we finished I pulled out my wallet.

"What are you doing I thought I was gonna pay?" He said I giggled and smiled.

"Its a tip." I said laying down ten dollars. We then stood up and we left.

"So Gaara what's it like being the Kazekage?" I asked.

"Its stressful there's a lot of paper work but at least I'm a part of this village and I can help every one." He said.

"Wow that sounds awesome. I'm proud of you."

"Thanks." He said and put an arm around my waist. Once we reached my hotel I turned towards Gaara.

"Thank you. Had so much fun." I said with a smile. He then placed a hand on my chin and tilted my head up. His lips connected with mine it was a short but passionate kiss. He smiled and placed his forehead on mine.

"I'm glad goodnight Chi see you tomorrow." He said as I turned and unlocked my door.

"Goodnight Gaara." I said as I gave him a quick kiss on the cheek and went inside I quickly closed the door.

"So how was your date?"

"Ahh Ami don't do that." I said.

"Whoa." She said and ran out of the room and into the hallway. Gaara was just about to walk around a corner.

"Wow Gaara you got her to wear a dress congratulations!" She shouted. Gaara turned and looked at her funny. I quick pulled Ami back into the house.

"What the fuck man!" I shouted once we were back in the room. She just shrugged and sat down on the couch.

"So how was your date?"