♥️112. You can't help but love Maddison♥️

Hundreds of community members gather in the streets of the French Quarter after the funeral, as Father Kieran's casket is placed in a horse carriage to begin the parade in his honor. The funeral procession is walking down the street to the sounds of the jazz music being played, behind the priests acting as pallbearers for Father Kieran. Near the end of the parade is me Klaus, Elijah, Hayley, the latter of whom is flushed, and keeps having coughing fits.

"You alright? You look--" Elijah starts but she cuts him off.

"--A hundred months pregnant and pissed off at the world?" I chuckle at the wolf and link arms with her.

Elijah smiles. "I was going to say you look lovely."

I notice how Hayley notices Francesca a couple yards in front of us, who is pretending to wipe tears from her face with a tissue. "Do you think I was the target of those bombings?"

"Of course you were the target! Were I to wage a war on the wolves, you'd be my first kill!" Hayley and I  glares at Nik. "I would string you up, for all your worshipers to see."

"I believe that was my boyfriend's way of telling you he'd like you to return home with us." I mumbled to the wolf and Nik chuckles on side of me.

"Perhaps try a different approach, Niklaus, with fewer references to murder?" Elijah tells his brother as we walk down the streets of New Orleans.

"As much as I would hate to throw you over my shoulder, and drag you kicking and screaming to the compound, we both know I will--" Klaus says as he smiles at the wolf. "-- for the sake of my child."

"One bad dream, and suddenly, you want to be a responsible daddy!" I laugh at Hayley's words and Klaus gets in between us and wrap his arms around us and pulls us close, leaving Elijah standing awkwardly beside us.

He then whispers to us. "Let me put this into perspective: my father lived to torment me. It is not my intention to become him. This cycle of misery ends with my child."

"Mmm." I mumble as Hayley and I yanks his arm away from us. I then give him a fake smile. "You forgot one thing in your little attempt to plead your case--" I stop to look at him. "She's not your child, Nik. She's ours.
I think it's time that you get that through your head."

"You can't help but love Maddison." Hayley smiles at me then walks away from the brothers and I and starts walking down the sidewalk.

"Very heartfelt, Niklaus." Elijah mumbles to his brother.

"I bloody hate funerals." He mumbles back and I laugh.

"Maybe you should stop being the cause of them." He wraps his arm around me again and I roll my eyes, here comes a threat.

"Would you rather it be yours?"

"If it was mines, you wouldn't even be here. You'll be somewhere out there leaving Hayley and Elijah to babysit while you find the person who dared to kill Maddison Pierce." I look up at the hybrid and smirk. "You know you still never told me that you loved me."

"Perhaps I'm waiting for the right moment."

"Niklaus, me nearly dying should've been the right moment. Us having sex that night should have been the right moment. What the hell are you waiting for?" I cross my arm and look up at the hybrid as we walk.

"Maddison, you know that I do."

"But sometimes it nice to just hear it." As I'm gazing into Klaus's eyes. Someone suddenly call our name.

"MADDISON!!! KLAUS!!!" We quickly look back towards the sound and we see Genevieve calling us. She runs over towards the sidewalk and we see Hayley falling to the ground.